Author Topic: Should we try for a bed yet?  (Read 892 times)

Offline LisaM

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Should we try for a bed yet?
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:47:43 pm »
Hiya

My dd is 25 months old and baby no.2 is due in September.  DD is definitely not going to fit for very much longer in her cot so I thought it would be best to try and get her something new before the baby comes in case we have a problem with her settling in it.

We have some options and wanted to get some opinions from you ladies.

1.  We have been given a larger cot that would last her at least a few more months after the baby arrives. (We did try her in this once a while back but she screamed blue murder and DH who was in charge that night let her go back into old cot)

2. My sister has a cot bed that we can have which might be good as not as large as toddler bed so not such a difference and would buy some bed guards.

3.  Just buy a toddler sized bed.

What does everyone think?  The other thing is that she has always (since 6 months) been in a sleeping bag so has not used covers/duvet etc before.  If I get a bed that she can get out of or use the cot bed as a bed I guess I would need to buy these as won't be able to get out otherwise.  I am just worried as its yet another change that she will have to adjust to.  She is generally a really good girl for going to bed and her nap so am soooooooooooooo scared that this is all about to change!

Offline Tonya

• Showing Appreciation 252
Re: Should we try for a bed yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 13:11:29 pm »
Skip the toddler bed, and get a regular twin sized bed, trust me!!  The toddler beds are just a bed frame, with a crib mattress.  Crib mattress are made of cardboard and springs inside, and as your child gains weight, it;'s just going to become more and more uncomfortable!
Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 14:46:40 pm »
I agree.  I definitely wouldn't go for another cot since it's only going to last a short period and your lo is less likely to understand why she has to give up her nice familiar cot for this other one.  She may be excited thoguh about a "big girl" bed.  If you are concerned about her not taying in it you can buy one with a box spring so you can put a bed guard or rail up.