Author Topic: baby bjorn  (Read 1716 times)

Offline kyliemom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 21, 2006, 21:50:50 pm »
I have a four month 12.5 pounder.  I bought the baby bjorn and love it.   The problem is that 99% of the time her legs turn bright purple!!!! Anyone ever heard of this??? Something must be cutting her circulation off...I would like to buy another carrier but am not sure which one as i don't want to spend money and put it in the closet like the bjorn is now.  I won't use this carrier now and she is in withdrawl.  Any suggestions???

Offline Christa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
Re: baby bjorn
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 22:12:37 pm »
have you tried lowering the bottom?

Offline sophiems

• Showing Appreciation 41
  • My 3 monkeys!
    • Cloudy with a Chance of Books
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 22:30:44 pm »
there's a little tongue, where the outside connects to the inside, near your abdomen that you can elongate.  Try this first.  If it doesn't work, I'd suggest my favorite, the maya wrap.  I used it from newborn until my son was 20 months old!
HTH
Sophia
3 boys:  D-8, L-5, and C-3 and one more little one due 11/11

Offline kyliemom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 00:23:39 am »
i have tied lowering it and it didn't make a difference  :(

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 05:20:21 am »
I never experienced that problem with the Baby Bjorn so I don't know what to tell you. Have you checked to make sure you have the correct settings? It should tell you where to set it depending on your LO's height, start with getting that correct, and then make adjustments from that if it's still off. I never had a problem with the Baby Bjorn, and enjoyed using it until DD got too heavy for me to wear her that way. Then I transitioned to the Ergo Baby Carrier which I am still using now, and we both love it ... it didn't work out as well when DD was smaller, but it's perfect now that she's bigger, much easier to get her in and out of.

Is your LO facing inwards (towards you) or outwards?

I have a Maya Wrap which I tried a few times. It just never worked out for us. DD didn't really like it that much, and she'd overheat in it. :( Yeah, she's got DH's overheating gene. So that was gathering dust for about a year before I finally washed it and stored it away.

Do you have a store in your area where you can try out various carrier options? For example, there is a store near me called Lullaby Lane, they sell all sorts of baby stuff, and there is a section where they have tons of sample carriers for you to try on to get a feel for it. Maybe you can find such a store in your area so you can sort of try before you buy another carrier.

Marie

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 20:51:20 pm »
I have a BB too and LOVE it!  The only thing I can think of, other than making sure you have the strap at the correct adjustment for your lo's size, is the two side straps that you are instructed to use for young/small babies - make sure they are not being used, as this affects the tightness around the legs.