Author Topic: newborn help !! how do i start!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline ukemma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 29, 2006, 21:05:03 pm »
Hi everyone, I am a brand new mom and spent my pregnant months reading the baby whisperer books over and over and making notes loving how much sense it made and felt it gave me a confidence to start life as a new mom... until dear daughter was born two weeks ago, molly mary.  I love her dearly but am finding it so difficult to get any sort of routine established, she wants to feed every hour and half - two hours at night and during the day will sometimes go three hours but there is no waking her after feeding, I am breastfeeding btw, her eyes don't pop open when i sit her upright as the book mentions and she finds it hard to settle on her own, she wants to suckle but won't take a dummy. 
The good news is that the breastfeeding is working as i was worried i wasn't giving her a good supply but she is put on a pound last week so she is doing fine.  How did you all get started or is it just to difficult with a newborn?  Am I beating myself up to much or not trying hard enough (its hard with the lack of sleep!!) Any hints tips etc would be greatly appreciated as I so want to get this to work !!

Thank you in advance friends..... :-)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: newborn help !! how do i start!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:12:14 am »
Welcome to the boards ukemma

Have you had a chance to check-out the following post? https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62100.0  This will give you an overview on the best way to start EASy a sample routine and a link to the logs and sleep information, etc.

Any more questions give us a shout.

lauren
Lauren x

Offline deenz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:45:00 am »
Congratulations on your new baby! 

At this young age I would say just enjoy your baby, and start to get to know her (and get breastfeeding off to a good start)!  The frequent feeding at this age is great for your milk supply, and it sounds like your dd is getting plenty.  Just try to get things going little by little, don't stress about it getting it all 'right' now!  Just work on starting to get to know your dd's cues (is she hungry, or just tired etc).

Good luck!

Offline ukemma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 20:35:15 pm »
Thank you very much for the pointers and advice, i am going to read through the links and give it my best shot.  Thanks again I am sure I will be back with more questions, this site is fantastic!
Em and Baby Molly x