Author Topic: New here and need advice or suggestions, PLEASE  (Read 846 times)

Offline daytonsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
New here and need advice or suggestions, PLEASE
« on: June 30, 2006, 00:47:46 am »
I have a 7 month old daughter, to make a very long story short, when she was a newborn she would wake about every 1/2 in the night, this gradually got better, around 3 months she started only wake once a night.  THis all changed about 6 weeks ago when she got her first tooth, she started waking every 3 hours, ever since then things have got worse, for the last two weeks she is back to waking every hour - two hours in the night, when she wakes she doesnt really cry, just fussing a bit, I try to sooth her without picking her up..... doesnt work.  I have tried to just leave her to see if she will go back to sleep on her own last night and she just stayed awake playing in her crib from 2:30am - 4:00am when I finally gave in a breast feed her and she went back to sleep a short while after.

She also doesnt want to nap during the day, she finally gives in when she cant stay awake any longer.  She used to nap fine during the day.

I am so tired and so exhusted mental and physically.  My daughter is also, she looks very tired and is miserable, whinning and fussing all the time.  I am feeling really sad, where has my happy baby gone!?!

Everyone keeps telling me this is normal and just a phase, but I dont understand what changed, why wont she sleep? her schedule did not change, not until she changed it herself by not sleeping and napping properly.  I think maybe it has reached the point where she is not sleeping at night because she is overtired.  I dont think it is seperation anxiety because she stays with dad or grandma fine without me.

Am I missing something? could she be sick or need something more??  This is my first baby and I am new to all of this, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

She is 7 months old.  has solids three times a day, and breast feeds usually 5 time during the day between waking and bed time (these time used to be 6:30 wake and 8pm bed) and then again 3-4 times at night now.

Thanks everyone.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: New here and need advice or suggestions, PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 22:27:55 pm »
Can you please post your full routine and answer the questions in the sticky at the top of this forum? That would help a lot!

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54625.0
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 22:29:56 pm by Colin Mac's Mom »
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o