Author Topic: Please help, I'm at the end of my tether  (Read 957 times)

Offline mini

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:57:37 am »
I've got 2 babies, 20 months and 7 months. It is my daughter (7 months) that is causing us the most night time grief! I would be so grateful if you could offer some advice and tips..I'll try anything to get a bit more sleep.

Ok, so the answers you need:

How old is your child? 7 months

What’s his/her daily routine? Wakes 4.30am and is fed milk 4 times a day, 3 solid meals and 2 snacks. 2 or 3 naps of 1-2 hours. This differs every day, depending on what we are doing really.

What's bedtime routine? Time? Bath, bottle bed, start routine between 6 and 7.

Do you bottle or breastfed?? Bottle

How much? or how long?  4 day time bottles of 8 or 9oz. 1 or 2 night time bottles of the same amount, though have tried water and smaller bottles to little effect

How many wakes per night? 1 at 1am ish for 2 hours and then she's usually ready to get up at 4.30

What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? Hungry cry wakes us up, feed her and then she wants to play

What have you tried to settle?? Dummy, rocking, shhh/pat, water

What do you do for A time and how long is it? sing, play, go for a walk - usually last 2 hours

Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? Teething but that is treated with calpol or nurofen

Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) on 3 meals a day now.

Do they have a prop? If so what is it? It was a dummy but we have weaned her off that now.

Do they have a lovie? Yes.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Please help, I'm at the end of my tether
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 22:49:05 pm »
What’s his/her daily routine? Wakes 4.30am and is fed milk 4 times a day, 3 solid meals and 2 snacks. 2 or 3 naps of 1-2 hours. This differs every day, depending on what we are doing really.

I would really encourage you to get her on a more regular routine (not necessarily schedule). LOs really thrive on that and more structure would probably do her good. In the EASY forum there are sample routines for each age range if you want to take a look.

Have you tried PU/PD?

Depending on how serious the teething is, that could really be contributing to your wakings as well.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o