Author Topic: quetions about easy on a 2 mo old  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Lica

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
quetions about easy on a 2 mo old
« on: July 01, 2006, 00:04:30 am »
I just started to use 3 hour EASY more strictly on my 9 weeks old DD.
However, I found that MY DD's feeding time and sleeping time quite messy.
Before I used EASY strictly, she could literally sleep though the night.I breastfeed exclusively

Usually she is fed at 8pm and then she won't wake up until 2 or 3 am and has a few sips then fall asleep till morning.(I mean 7am) I didn't use DF.

When I started to use EASY. I took notes and found that sometimes after a feed she can hold for 4 hours, and sometimes 2 hours.And most of the time she naps 3 times a day, and none lasts more than 1 hour ,or she will sleep a bit here and a bit there.

what do you see wrong? I can't put her exatly on the 3 hour EASY.
by the way, I usually have to do almost 1 hour shh/pat to make her calm down,and then she will wake from her nap after 30 minutes sleep.
I need help!! :'(

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: quetions about easy on a 2 mo old
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 00:24:10 am »
Hi!
I have 2 questions to get us started:
1) Can you give us any idea as to what her typical day looks like, including feed times, nap times and lengths, bedtimes; what winddown you use.
2) What was it about your dd's routine that prompted you to look toward the BW and EASY?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Lica

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 01:20:14 am »
Hi, Heather

My DD's day is just a mess
Before I started to use 3 hr EASY,she wakes up at 9am and go to bed at 830pm.3 short naps a day, and basically can stay from 4-8pm without showing any sleepy sign.only 2 feeding from midnight till morning.

Now her day is more like this by using EASY ( I force her to take naps but it backfires apparently :'()

600am wake ( I treat this as night waking)
sleep till 730am

730 feed

830 sleep (I have to shh/pat for 10 minutes-->a good one!)

930 waking up ( I shh/pat for another 30 minutes to get her to sleep)

1100 wake up, doesn't want a feed...
Activity till 1145am--feed

won't nap or short nap until next feed at 2pm (usually I have to shh/pat for 40 minutes)

3pm sleep ( I have to shh/pat for an hour)

500pm wake up, doesn't want a feed till 6pm

6pm feed

715pm bath

8pm feed & sleep ( if we get lucky!)

10pm feed( she wakes up for a feed)

1am feed

4am feed

6am feed

(1-6am 3 feedings is very unusual for her before EASY)

2. with my first son I used Dr. Sears book-- co-sleep, feed on demandand carry him in a sling when he couldn't sleep, and his sleep has been a major problem for the past 2 years. MY DH and I definitely don't want to go through it again. I tried Tracy's method to remove my son to his own bed in his own room successfully, so I think this method should be better for the kids and parents.
If DD's day is like this,should I be strict about the EASY routine,or should I just follow her cue?

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 01:38:44 am »
Well, Tracy's methods are about respecting the child and taking note of their cues.  However, the parent is the guide that works in the best interest of the child.  One thing about her having a hard time taking a nap could be that she needs more A time.  Could you try 1 hr 15 mins of awake time until nap time? 

1100 wake up, doesn't want a feed...
Activity till 1145am--feed
won't nap or short nap until next feed at 2pm (usually I have to shh/pat for 40 minutes)
3pm sleep ( I have to shh/pat for an hour)

This could be due to too much A time.  Since she's been awake since 11 am, when are you initially trying for a nap?  I see that she doesn't want to feed until 11:45, and I wonder if this might be because she has fed at 3 and 2 hour intervals during the night.  I'm not saying that is the reason, I'm just trying to sort it out.  You could try making the 6 am feed a short feed just to tide her over until 7/7:30, and then hope she take more full feeds at regular intervals during the day.  Then, maybe you can phase out the 6 am feed and just work on resettling her until at least 7am.  (Actually, I'm not sure if you meant the 6 am waking is a feed or not, please correct me if I'm wrong.)  I honestly do not know how many night feedings can be expected at this age, so maybe you could ask on the breastfeeding forum.

Have you seen this thread:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62100.0

Before you started EASY, how many times during the day was she feeding?  Where they at regular intervals, or on demand?  Did she fall asleep independently?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007