Author Topic: HELP!! 18 month old suddenly fighting bedtime!!  (Read 2552 times)

Offline lynnwood42

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP!! 18 month old suddenly fighting bedtime!!
« on: July 02, 2006, 17:35:57 pm »
HELP me please! I have an 18 month old daughter who has 'never' given me trouble going to bed at night.  For the last 2 weeks she has suddenly started screaming and crying the minute she leaves my arms towards her crib mattress! I have even tried moving her bedtime slightly later since she is getting older, but that doesn't help either. I guess I am unsure which of Tracy Hogg's techniques I am supposed to use for my daughters age. When she was 'younger' I used pu/pd for naps and it worked great, but now she is to big to pick up.  I tried sitting her down when she screams in her crib, but it only makes her more upset. I was reading other peoples messages and saw something called wi/wo. What is that?  It is NOT in the baby whisperer book I have.  what technique does she recommend for an 18 month old resisting bed time? HELP ME PLEASE! The other day it took me 2 1/2 hours to get her to bed!

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
Re: HELP!! 18 month old suddenly fighting bedtime!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 17:52:11 pm »
Hi Lynnwood42,

Sorry I don't know how to attach other posts to this one but if you look at the sleeping for toddlers section that you have posted in, it talks about wi/wo (walk-in/Walk out) that Tracy recommended for toddlers.

Well worth a look.

Hope it works.

Niki

Offline lynnwood42

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: HELP!! 18 month old suddenly fighting bedtime!!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 14:53:41 pm »
Can someone tell me exactly which book of Tracy Hogg's describes the walk in/walk out technique? I have 2 of her books and its not in either of them.