Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84385 times)

andibig

EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:48 am »
I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to move it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Could we please (grovel grovel) have a support thread for LOs that wake early!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you know similar to the teething thread).
Would that be possible???? I can't be the only one waking before 6
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 14:30:47 pm by Sashas mummy »

Offline J&Jsmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 28
  • South African living in England
    • Need to promote your baby-related business? Check out my website
Re: WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT TO JOIN??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 18:03:50 pm »
Oh no you're not!!!!!!

I have two boys - one's 2.5 and the other is 9 months old. Let's just say that I haven't woken up later than 6am in 2.5 years. My first has always been an early waker - no matter what I did. he was just starting to lengthen his lie ins (let's say 6 or 6.30 instead of  5 or 5.30) when along came baby number 2. We had to put them in the same room. And DS2 like clockwork wakes up at 5am every day. There are days that I can sneak in and grab him before he wakes up DS1 but I end up having to put him in bed with me which he just thinks is a big game.

I've even got the travel cot set up in the study now that I put him in and try to resettle him in. Maybe once every 10 to 15 tries will he go back to sleep again. But mostly, he is just awake and wanting to play for about an hour - which is exactly when DS1 wakes up and the day just kicks off.

It is really sad to be up so early that the kids tv hasn't even started yet. I've actually gotten used to getting up that early now and try to appreciate the stillness of the mornings (outside that is). But what really kills me is that it adds an extra 2 hours to the day - 2 more hours of entertaining them, thinking of things to do, stopping them killing each other etc etc etc.

And when my friends call and they say: God I'm so tired, my child woke up soooo early today - 6.30, I actually want to take their heads and ram them into a wall.

Ok - as you can see, I have a few issues with early wakings so I would DEFINITELY support a forum like that.
Melissa
Mom to:
Joshua Charles Boleslaw born 14.02.2004
Jamie Edward Christopher born 15.09.2005

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 18:26:21 pm »
There you go ladies!  Hope it gets as little use as possible.   ;)   Although, I'll probably be popping in from time to time.   ::)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 18:45:55 pm »
I thought I need it because he wakes a lot about5.30-5.45, but I hear you J&Jsmom, 5 is sooo early. I'll be lurking here ;)
~Efka~

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 20:50:00 pm »
My dd has been waking up at 5.30am every morning for the last 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to hand my notice in from being a mommy, can I just be a moderator instead - it makes me sound like I know what I'm doing ;)
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 18:25:19 pm »
I think sometimes that's a good idea.  Especially when DH is acting like my second child.  I live in a "right to work" state.  Technically I don't have to give any notice.   ::)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

andibig

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 18:43:49 pm »
And when my friends call and they say: God I'm so tired, my child woke up soooo early today - 6.30, I actually want to take their heads and ram them into a wall.

LOL ;D ;D
or when one mother said to me her LO woke up at 7 instead of 7.30 and it really messed up her day. i just wanted to punch her face in  >:(

Offline MomToMatthew

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 18:51:36 pm »
Can you top this??? How about a wake up at 5:30 and only 40 minute naps throughout the rest of the day! Do you know how many times I have to do the darn nap routine!!! AUGghhhh

andibig

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 18:55:39 pm »
Can you top this??? How about a wake up at 5:30 and only 40 minute naps throughout the rest of the day! Do you know how many times I have to do the darn nap routine!!! AUGghhhh
OMG!! :o
Honey sending you ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 20:01:58 pm »
Me, too!  I want to join!  My LO always seemed exhausted by 9 am, even though he didn't seem to wake until 6:30ish.  Well, I then got a video monitor, and figured out that Nathan was waking around 5, sometimes earlier, and was just sitting silently in his crib, staring at the door, waiting for me... FOR HOURS  :o 

Now, he wakes between 5 and 5:30ish, and sings his heart out until I get him around 6:30 or 7.  I know I am sooo lucky that he doesn't cry, but it still makes for very cranky late mornings. 

Oh, is anyone else terrified to make a sound after about 4am for fear of waking LO?  I swear, I don't even scratch an itch if I have one, or roll over if I am stiff, even though DS is in the next room.  I even give DH the evil eye if he has to pee in the early morning.   :P
Sheila
ng

andibig

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 20:10:54 pm »
Oh, is anyone else terrified to make a sound after about 4am for fear of waking LO? I swear, I don't even scratch an itch if I have one, or roll over if I am stiff, even though DS is in the next room. I even give DH the evil eye if he has to pee in the early morning. :P

Me too!! ;D why is it men make more noise in the morning ::) ::) ::)
DD wakes up at 5.30 and sits there taking to herself until i get her. usually Dada (shame hes still flippin asleep)

Offline james030405

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 10:32:27 am »
Hi,

Finally, a support group for all us "wake before dawn mums".  James has most of the time, been an early waker.  I count myself lucky if he wakes after 6am, although this is not very often. ::)

We are usually awake between 5-5:50am - sometimes we can get him back to sleep tillafter 6, but not very often.  I keep telling myself this is just him and since he has been alseep since around 7pm, with no night wakings most nights, I should feel okay about this.  Dh gets up at 6 except on a Friday when he is up at 5. I have told him he is not allowed to have a shower on friday mornings because I swear James knows the sound of our bedroom door opening. ::).  we have polished floor boards and he knows every creaky floor board. ;D

A child health nurse told me the other day (with rolling eyes  ::)) that apparently 4:30am is socially acceptable.  :o I don't know in whose world this is acceptable, but it certainly is not in mine.  I am having another one in February so I guess seeing the sun come up will be happening for awhile yet.  We are on 1 nap here, usually going down around 11:30am for 1.5hrs.  I have friends who say try and put him down later for his nap, but he just won't make it later without being extremely overtired. 

Hope this forum continues.  If anyone has any success please share. 

Chat soon

Lisa
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline juliebb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 11:23:09 am »
I'd like to join too - although it sounds like I am a relative novice compared to some of you ladies... we've been doing the 5.30 thing for the past month now - can't help wondering if it is to do with lighter mornings. (blackout blind + blackout curtains + dark cloth to cover the gap at the top = still too light!! how does that work  ???)

Lydia (nearly 15 months) goes to nursery 4 days a week and happily seems to exist on 1 nap a day (generally anywhere between 45 minutes and 1 and a half hours), whereas by the weekend she is so exhausted by 9am that I let her have max 1 hour (trying to push as close to 9.30 as possible). She will then generally have a good 2-hour nap around 1pm. Unfortunately, more or less sleep in the day doesn't appear to make the slightest bit of difference to her early waking. I look back fondly on the days she used to sleep for a full 12 hour stretch - 7 till 7...

*sigh*
Julie

Offline J&Jsmom

• Showing Appreciation 28
  • South African living in England
    • Need to promote your baby-related business? Check out my website
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 05:08:25 am »
So in a weird freakish twist of natured both are still asleep and it's 6am - remarkable, unheard of in this house. But of course my body is now so used to being up, that I am awake. How jolly annoying.  ::)
Melissa
Mom to:
Joshua Charles Boleslaw born 14.02.2004
Jamie Edward Christopher born 15.09.2005

Offline jacksmummy26

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 20:49:50 pm »
Thank the lord i would be up for this too! my little boy loves to start chatting at 4.30 at the moment (and i really really really would like to point out its NOT socially acceptable!!) and i try and try to get him to sleep just a little bit longer until 5 or even god love him 5.30 but he rarely does this.  He was just starting to get in good habits with pu pd and sorting out his naps etc without bf and then just as i thought id cracked it..... he starts getting four teeth through at the same time! so back to the early mornings!

By the way i thought it was just my partner who is the most noisiest being on the planet (i seem to have to remind him every day that we have a sleeping baby!!! then he gets annoyed at me for nagging him to "be quiet" all the time!! men  :P

Anyway would love to join!!!! x