Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84386 times)

andibig

Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2006, 08:13:37 am »
Sslowbliss.
trying to work out what time she is she actually up to start the day (and out of cot). is it 6am if so i think her bedtime might need to be moved earlier as opposed to later which you've been trying to do. as i think shes overtired.

as for the frequent nursing during the night this may affecting her appetite during the day, although breast/formula milk is still important during the first year they can get to a point when what they are taking at night seriously affects their appetite during the day.

Assuming that you are happy to stop nursing during the night  ;D. there are variuos methods you can try. take a look at the props board but i think a good start would be to get her in her own cot. is there a sep area in your flat that is her sleep area?

And as for getting her on to btls at her age why not try a cup instead.

i going to my mums today ::) but i'll try and see if i can think of anything else for you ;D

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2006, 16:08:49 pm »
Hi... I need some help please.  Once again my boys are waking at 5-530am.  I'm not sure what to do with their schedule.  I tried 5 days of a later nap time of 1230 and it didn't help.   I'm just so tired of getting up that early and we can't attend story time or playdates because they have to nap so early.  The boys turned 2 in July.  Here is a typical day for us.

5-530 am- wake
630 am  -get them out of the crib have a sippy of milk
730 am -breakfast
8-1100am -  play play play  (try to wear them out)
1100am- lunch
1130- nap  (nap anywhere from 1 1/2- 2 hours)
130-5pm - play play play
5pm- dinner
6pm- bath
7pm- bed  (usuallly they will talk anywhere from 1/2 to 1 hour to go to sleep)

Any ideas?

Thanks  so much
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2006, 21:52:23 pm »
Kelly if you moved nap time in one big move, I doubt it would have changed things, but try doing it in 15min intervals & expect it will probably take about 1 month to change... I know with my older son when he moved to a bed we had a light on a timer & that gradually went on later & it took over 1 month for things to change, it takes time to reset their clocks & is best done gradually
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

andibig

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2006, 22:01:18 pm »
sslowbliss
how are things going? any improvement :)

Offline catmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2006, 00:01:08 am »
WOW...this is the board I needed last night.  My post was so bad I didn't get a response.  Now I am embarrassed and hope no one will read it.

Hugs to everyone.  It is nice to know we are all in it together.

andibig

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2006, 05:39:34 am »
aww catmom.
didn't see your post ???
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) anyway

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2006, 13:39:58 pm »
Hi all you early birds,
we have been doing none so well the last week or so. Waking at around 1-2 am now, and i think he is hungry cos been drinking a full bottle then back to sleep. Ds is SO active, health visitor had check on wed, and was like "oh my god, he never sits still" This was whilst he was climbing up and over the Ikea easy chair, (luckily i caught himbefore he fell 3 feet over the back of it :-[).
Woke at 5.15am this morning. I think I have to do wi/wo now, no putting it off. Back at work after the hols and these early wakings can't go on. Really scared to start cos i know it will be 2 weeks of pure hell, and i will be so tired  :-\
Only good thing is that dh's building contract in middle east finished abruptly and he is back now for moral support and we can (theoretically) share the wi/wo although i am thinking that consistency with one person may be better??? Anyone got any thoughts on that?
Off to buy 1st pair of shoes (for ds, not me, I've got tons ;))

Offline kellyann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2006, 16:32:33 pm »
Thanks Kate I will try moving the nap in slower increments and see if that helps.  Do you think the boys are having too much or not enough awake time between nap and bed?  I always wonder how much awake time they should have before nap and bed.  I put them to sleep at 7pm last night and they slept until 615am this morning....YEAH!  Probably a fluke but I'll take what I can get.   ;)
Kelly :)

Mom to twin boys-
Brandon Thomas  7/2/04
Brayden James    7/2/04

andibig

« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2006, 19:21:34 pm »
JoC.
think the consistency of one person doing WI/WO is the way to go. is DH able to do it at all??

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2006, 19:27:08 pm »
Yes, he will, just that he travels a lot, away from sunday til wed next week, thats the problem with him doing it, bless him, he'll do anything to stop me becoming a screaming monster at 3 in the morning.

andibig

« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2006, 19:31:35 pm »
aww bless him :). wish DH was like that. he's having a strop at the moment as i said he should turn the x-box off so the boys can watch some TV ::).
ok when DH is back wed how long will he be back for

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2006, 22:53:15 pm »
Can I please share a moment of pure joy?  DD woke up at 2:30am last night - coughing and couging and coughing.   (she has been ill, so no major surprise, although she is almost better).  So DH and I went to her, gave her a drink of water, helped clear out her nose..and then she was really wide awake, and still coughing...so we took her to bed with us (we both like doing this, AP on purpose).  She couldn't sleep for all the coughing, so I held her in my arms, so that she would be propped up and she slept that way for a couple of hours (til 5:30).  Then I passed her over to DH so he could do it while I slept a bit more comfortably - and we didn't wake up until.....wait for it.....very exciting....

7:50 AM!!!!!!!!!  The extra beauty of this is that it is Sunday Morning, yay!!!

We will not doubt be back to 6am wakeups tomorrow, so I really really appreciate the sleep in today.!
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2006, 01:10:58 am »
Hi again,

Well, dd woke at 5:30am today. Yesterday it was 6am. Another day this week was 4:30am. So on top of the early wakings, we never know what time she will wake up  ::). She sure likes to keep us on our toes!
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2006, 07:23:35 am »
He should be here til next monday so thats 5 nights, then away for 2 nights then. I have a feeling it will take a while, cos he tends to go mental if you keep going inand out to him, although when i did pu/pd, it was 2 weeks of hell, but worked very well. Just got to make a decision and be tired for a week or two, but much better in long run!
jo

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2006, 08:55:19 am »
good luck with that
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10