Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84394 times)

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2006, 04:50:10 am »
WOW :o Does your LO nap during the day? How long do you have to play with your LO when he wakes up at night?

Offline cj323

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2006, 05:01:06 am »
he normally takes one nap a day....if im lucky...and normally the first two times i can just kinda give him a bottle (yes i know...its a prop...im workin on it!!lol) and he goes back to sleep but the 5 am wakey is the kicker...usually about an hour...if im lucky he'll go backto sleep after that for a few more hours...i just need someone to come to my house and "grade" me...lol

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2006, 15:05:45 pm »
hey everyone

haven't been here in awhile so i thought i would pop my nose in to say we have tackled the early waking!!!!!
ever since we started doing one nap - he has stopped getting up soooo early.......now i say this and he will start again right, isn't that how it always goes??!!!
anyhow, he is napping only once a day- seems like he could have two naps sometimes but when we try he just fights it.....

just wanted to post here what has seemed to work for us.....13 months later!!!!

good luck to you all - i will peek in from time to time to see if i can offer any assistance....

sarah

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

andibig

« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2006, 21:35:33 pm »
cj323
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
is it possible to have a look at his routine? take it LO hasn't been too well from what you saying :(
Carysmum
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
hope everything is ok. Sasha over her cold (gave it to me though ::)) so naps ok now just going through a fussy eating phase-if its not one thing its another ::) ::)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2006, 01:22:09 am »
Hi Sasha's mummy,

Thanks for asking. Carys is over her cold (which she gave to me, too, btw, which I then passed on to dh  ::)) We're all better now, thank goodness. She's still waking too early (on Monday she woke at 3:30am for the day ???, and today it was 5am). Sounds like Sasha and Carys are pretty similar these days. Carys isn't eating well either. She's a very picky eater as it is, but today it was only milk, Cheerios, crackers, and yogurt.  ::)

Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

andibig

« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2006, 06:29:18 am »
Carys mum
Gave the cold to DH as well-although to him it was man flu (KWIM) ::). Sasha is normally pretty good eating wise but seems to have got stuck on a major sweetcorn adoration at the mo LOL

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2006, 11:02:49 am »
OK.  So it was 5:30 on Wednesday morning.

5am on Thursday morning.

4:30 this morning. (we were away for the night though)

Please please let her wake up at 6am tomorrow (or later if wishes are currently being granted). ;)
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline JoC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2006, 17:39:26 pm »
OOOH.
Joining you lot this week too. Been doing so well for about 2 weeks then...TEETH!!!! >:(
Last 3 nights up for at least 1 and 1/2 hours, 3 the night before last. They have cut through now so i am hoping he will settle again. The first night i took him into the bed in his room with me cos i felt so sorry for him, just could not bear to leave him moaning, he was half asleep, but obviously in pain. :'(
 Last 2 nights gave meds, gels, powders, warm water, and did wi/wo, but it has been more moaning than full blown cying, but you are still awake even tho they are half asleep and DH gets up next moring and says "Oooh, he was only awake for about 10 mins last night, that was go..." as i floor him with a right hook  ;D

At least it is the weekend!

jo

Offline rinajack

« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2006, 00:26:29 am »
5:20 this morning, who didn't grant my wish?

But she is napping well so far today, that could improve our early wakeup tomorrow if she goes to bed well rested for once.  W'ell see.

Oh, and don't teeth just ruin everything - I wish we could just buy them some when they need them...why oh why do the feel the need to grow their own?
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2006, 00:42:10 am »
Quote (selected)
Oh, and don't teeth just ruin everything - I wish we could just buy them some when they need them...why oh why do the feel the need to grow their own?

I agree!!! ;D I will be soooo glad when dd's teeth are all in. Still don't know if that will cure her early waking though. She was up again at 5:15am today  ::).

Melanie

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2006, 11:06:07 am »
I know my LO's early waker & early pooper (sometimes). Her naps were horrible for the past two days (20-45 min). She was just overtired. I put her to bed really early last night....5:30. She woke up at 5:15.
Her naps are better today. Hope she'll sleep better today ::)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2006, 12:44:17 pm »
I just had to post this morning. My dd slept til 7am!!!  :o :o She RARELY does this. She did have a couple night wakings, but I don't care. It was so nice to get up at a normal time  :) :). I know this probably isn't a trend, but I'll take it!

Melanie

Offline clairewillsmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2006, 20:41:37 pm »
hi all, not been on for a while but nothing has changed in the early wake up department! still around 5ish and even tho I put ds2 (now 9 and a half months) back in his cot after bottle feed he generally doesn't settle and we are usually up from 6am. I read something somewhere once about how early morning wakings could be linked to using baby food from a jar?!! ??? what do you think? I would love to have the time to cook endless stuff for my little one but it just isn't happening at the mo as ds1 can be demanding on my time (he is 3 and three quarters and has dropped all daytime naps but sleeps better at night). please tell me your thoughts on this! :)
Claire

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url

Offline rinajack

« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2006, 20:43:48 pm »
5:15 again.  managed to get her to sleep again til 6am.  But  then woke screaming, and is still quite irritable & easy to set off.  Teeth I think. :P

Yay forr 7am

I mostly cook own food, prob 90% and we think 6am is a sleep in here
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline clairewillsmum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2006, 20:48:37 pm »
thanks rina, i think the author of the babyfood article may just have been trying to make me feel guilty! don't you just dream of when they are older and you will have to get them out of bed! lol! ;D
Claire

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url