Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84412 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2006, 02:07:13 am »

We do sometimes have a 20-30min nap around 9am,
Lisa

PS.  Does anyone know anyone who has had early wakings and it got better?  Just curious

Lisa when we absolutely avoided that catnap around 9am (ours was 8ish on the way to childcare) when I stopped work & Liam was born, Aiden moved from regular 6am wakeups to more like 7/7.30am .... it took about 3 weeks after the last cat nap.
Also when we went away Liam started some catnaps around 9am & since I have got him back to the regular 1 nap for 2 weeks we are back to 7am wakeups... from personal experience you only need the catnap 2x week for it to make a change to the routine.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline james030405

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2006, 03:49:53 am »
Kate, what if you have never had 7am wakings?  We didnt have a catnap today and he is on his way to a 3hr nap ;D.  we are doing a 8:30pm bedtime so fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help

Lisa
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline wanderlustig

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2006, 03:54:13 am »
Rina - thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure, but I tried I kept her up longer yesterday afternoon and today. The result was that she slept an hour yesterday afternoon, and hour this morning and almost 2 hours this afternoon!!!! Watching her for signs of tiredness seems to be getting more difficult - it seems to be not as obvious as it used to be, but based on today I seem to be on the right track. Thank you!

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2006, 07:33:00 am »
Lisa, I can't really remember with Aiden, but I'm pretty sure that we went through about 6+ months of him waking early before it changed... I know that there was a time he slept until 7.30 (after a 5am feed) before 12mo (when I stopped the am bf) as I got him dressed & gave breakfast at childcare... I certainly know the last few months I worked, I always had plenty of time to get him dressed & breakfasted before we left as 6am or early was his wake up time, so we did have a pretty long run of it
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2006, 11:38:58 am »
Horrible, horrible, horrible night :'( :'( :'( - Starting at 11:30pm, dd woke every 30 to 60 minutes the rest of the night. This is worse than having a newborn baby! :'( I'm going to try to get her into the doctor's today to see if there is any illness going on besides her cold. The night before last wasn't good either, and she has been having night wakings the past several weeks. I can't take anymore :'( :'( :'(.

Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline clarita

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:12 pm »
My little one has only once slept past 06:15 since birth, now 8 months old. And raraely makes it past 05:30 All I want for christmas is a lie in!!!!

Offline Jacksmom77

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2006, 13:32:31 pm »
Just wanted to say a (late) thanks to those of you who posted your schedules...it really does help to see what others do that are in the same situation :)
Brandi

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2006, 19:35:43 pm »
Cary's mum, good luck at Dr, hope you get some answers.

I am in the same boat almost, we have had illness but she is pretty much better, but we havne't slept through at all for a few weeks now.

Last night we were up from 2:30-4, and I couldn't sleep when I went back to bed, so it is now 5:40, she is up as per usual, I am up STILL.  And I have a 9 hr work day ahead of me.  Ugh.
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

andibig

« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2006, 19:38:38 pm »
Carys mum
we had a night of frequent night wakings at the weekend. not sure if they were every hour but they sure felt like it ::). we're pretty sure Sasha had a virus (we are STILL waiting to get to the Drs) as she'had a tummy upset all week. that particular night she also came up with hives all over her body. it was only when i was talking to my brother that he mentioned my niece had had the same thing a few weeks ago.
anyways it sounds like she may be coming down with something.is she having any meds for her cold at all?

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2006, 02:32:18 am »
Hi rinajack and Sashas mummy - thanks for your replies. We didn't end up getting to the doctor's today - I will try again tomorrow (they only schedule sick appointments same day). Carys ended up falling asleep on dh's lap this morning while he was letting me catch up on some sleep. She slept for 45 minutes - apparently it was enough to screw up her nap - she wouldn't nap the rest of the day ::). I'm now dreading tonight...I'll let you know what happens.

Sashas mummy - No, we haven't given her meds for her cold. We've been giving her Motrin for teething pain. Now I'm wishing we had given her cold meds before we put her to bed tonight. If she wakes up, I guess that's what we'll do. Thanks and I hope Sasha feels better soon.
Melanie

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2006, 16:05:07 pm »
Hi again. Last night went much better :). Dd woke at 11:30pm, so we gave her cold meds, and she didn't wake again after that until 6:30am! :) :) Thanks you Sashas mummy! I feel so stupid not to think of that. I don't think I need to take her to the doctor's after all. She's fine during the day - I think it was just all the congestion that was keeping her awake at night.

Thanks again...
Melanie

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2006, 02:15:17 am »
Well, I spoke (or wrote) too soon :(. Last night was horrible again. We were up from 12 to 2am (and up for the day at 5:40am) because Carys wouldn't go back to sleep, or even let me put her down in her crib without screaming. And - even worse - she learned how to climb out of her crib for the first time last night - twice. ::) :( So now I'm dreading what tonight will bring.
Melanie

andibig

« Reply #267 on: November 20, 2006, 07:25:22 am »
Carys mum
sorry it didn't go to good. we had another bad night with Sasha too. up every hour from 1.30am. we have got a drs appt tomorrow.
i'm wondering if carys is maybe getting ready for a big bed as shes able to climb out of her crib???

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #268 on: November 20, 2006, 18:04:42 pm »
Hi Sashas mummy,

Last night was the worst night we've ever had with Carys :'( :'( :'(. After going to bed at 7:30pm, she woke up at 9:30 and was up till 10:30pm. Then, she woke up again at 12am and wouldn't go back down until 3am. She woke up again at 5:30am and slept on my lap downstairs in the recliner until 7:30am. So none of us got much sleep at all. :'( :'( :'( :'( I'm taking her into the doctor's this afternoon to see what's going on.

I'm sorry Sasha's not doing well either. About the big bed - yes, I think we're going to have to go shopping this week for one. We'll probably just start with a mattress and box springs on the floor so it's not so high. I'm so not looking forward to transitioning her - I'm sure there will be more sleepless nights.
Melanie

andibig

« Reply #269 on: November 20, 2006, 19:29:15 pm »
Melanie
honey sorry you are having such a rough time at the moment :'( :'(.our little girls seem to be testing us big time at the moment :'(. i just don't know whats going on with Sashas sleep right now cos she was such a brilliant sleeper b4 she got this tummy bug.
last night i put her in bed with me (after the 3rd wake up) as i was so desperate for some sleep. i know its AP but at 3.30am you get pretty desparate LOL.the problem with us at the moment is being consistent with how we deal with her night wakings.me and DH really need to agree on a plan of action.
I hope the Dr can shed some light with Carys.thinking about the big bed you never know it could be a turning point for her sleep (i'm praying that it is!!).esp if you make a big deal about a "big girl bed" etc.
hope you get some rest soon
Andrea