Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84408 times)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2006, 22:16:03 pm »
Andrea,

Thank you for sharing my pain - I'm sorry you're going through something similar :(, but I'm glad someone else knows how I feel! Well, we've been to the doctor's and her ears look fine, but the doc gave us a prescription for antibiotics in case she has a sinus infection. Her nose still seems stuffed up after having the cold for two weeks. About bringing Sasha to bed with you - I don't blame you one bit. In fact, I tried to do this with Carys, but she threw a fit. She has never slept with us - every time we tried at those desperate moments, she would have none of it. So I end up sitting in the recliner with her ::), not getting any sleep myself. :'( I hope you're right about the big girl bed being a turning point for the better. At this point, anything's got to be better, right?
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline rinajack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2006, 23:46:22 pm »
I hear you all on the no sleep issue.

We finally got a full night last night (not complaining about early mornings cause I like 5am actually).  And to get that full night my not even 8mo has more than doubled her solids intake and cut 2.5 hrs sleep of her day in just two days.  Unbelievable.  Wonder if it will last.

Hope you all get some sleep soon, one good night can make a world of difference to a tired mummy.
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

andibig

« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2006, 19:38:02 pm »
rina and mel
i'm telling you those early morning wakings we used to have would be a blessing if she slept all night ;D.
obviously i'm working night shifts at work this week so DH is at home during the night and DD slept ALL night. mind you i had given her some meds for her teeth so that helped.
i've also noticed shes becoming less clingy to me in the past couple of days. basically me and DH share the childcare between us as we work opp shifts to each other. now she was always fine with DH when i was at work but when both of us were at home she was very clingy to me.  but now she'll even let DH put her to bed when i'm at home ;D ;D
i'm hoping therfore her bad sleep is just a phase with her growing independence.

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2006, 23:12:22 pm »
Andrea,

It's great to hear Sasha's sleep is improving - yay!! :) Carys slept much better last night, too. She had one night waking, which my dh took care of because he was still up. She still woke at 5:30am, but like you said, I consider the early waking a blessing if I can at least get my night sleep ;D.

Rina - thanks for your support, too. I hope your lo is keeping up the full night's sleep trend.

Hang in there ladies. Someday we can get our revenge when they're teenagers and actually want to sleep ;D.

Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline rinajack

« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2006, 00:50:58 am »
Well she slept through last night but had me up from 4:30.  I cannot get any consistancy out of her to see what is going wrong with her routine.  Bed times all over teh place (well fall to sleep times anyway) and wakeups too, and naps well, who knows what she is doign with those.

Spirited ;D  Just gotta love it.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:10 am »
Hmhh
Up with 30 min break from 4.30 not fun at all
~Efka~

Offline rinajack

« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2006, 05:09:57 am »
oh I hear you loud and clear Efke!
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Seren - the glamour girl!
    • Shanaz John - Childminder
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2006, 09:53:34 am »
Hi

I've had to bite the bullet and admit that I've got an early waker on my hands - something that needs to be seen to asap!!!  I don't mind her waking at around 6 as I need to be up for work 3 days a week at this time but for the last few weeks (gosh, probably nearer a month...scary how quick time goes) she's been waking at b/w 4.30 - 5.15 every day.  It doesn't matter if she has a catnap in the evening followed by later bedtime or just an ealier bedtime, she always wakes at these times.  Every now & then she'll sleep til 6.15/6.30 and really throw us, I'll think, "ooh, maybe we've turned a corner!" - ha! no such luck.  She doesn't wake crying so can't do pu/pd.  She does still use a dummy and will sometimes wake during the night for it but will go straight back to sleep then.  When she wakes at 4.30ish she won't take dummy, just talks at ever increasing volume and rolls about the cot.

I delay feeding her til around 5.45-6am, depending on what time she woke as her routine would be out the window otherwise. 

I wouldn't mind as much if I was home all day with her but when she's a nursery for 3 days they are not as firm with the routine etc and will let her stay up for around 4 hrs sometimes!!! :o  I have told them so many times about putting her down at around 2.75 - 3 hrs A time but....

Anyway, saw this thread and thought even if there's no answers here at least there'll be extra support!

Shanaz

ps - my dd is 7 months 1 week
Mummy:  Shanaz
Daddy:  Phil
Squirrel:  Seren

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2006, 12:56:33 pm »
Heia, good cmpany here ;)
~Efka~

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2006, 13:53:32 pm »
Hiya Efke - this is where we find 1/2 of the March/April 06 mummys then is it?!

Shanaz

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2006, 13:55:40 pm »
almost  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
~Efka~

Offline rinajack

« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2006, 19:38:00 pm »
Hey Shanaz.  When reading your post just then I had a thought.  Does the daycare really understand EASY?  What I wrote on Zara's routine to get them not to keep her up too long was this "Nap - approx 3 hrs after the end of the last nap".  That way I didn't have to write down times, and if she short napped they had to adjust it for that, or long napped etc.  Having said that, she still doesn't sleep much at daycare, but they now don't have any trouble getting her to go to sleep - she just won't stay asleep.

As for the early wakings....I just don't know.  I quite like early to be honest. But before 5am is absolutely unacceptable.  And before 6am if she has woken at night is also unacceptable.

What time is seren going to bed?  And how is eating going?  Cause I found out with our night wakings recently, that Zara was hungry - but not crying hungry, I thought she wanted to play, but when Iincreased her food intake (heaps I might add) she started sleeping through again.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

andibig

« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2006, 19:59:16 pm »
well ladies we've had 2 nights on the trot of Sasha sleeping through (woo-hoo).it'd be even better if i wasn't working nights this week and could be at home to appreciate it-LOL

DH has arranged a night away for just the two of us this weekend ;). honestly i'll be the only person going away for a dirty weekend who will want to sleep the whole night LOL

Offline rinajack

« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2006, 20:24:16 pm »
LOL, no I understand.  I would devote 10 mins to dirty weekend (ok maybe 20 at a stretch) then go for 10+ hrs sleep!
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline shanaz

• Shanaz
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2006, 20:59:55 pm »
Lol @ rina & sashas mummy - I am exactly the same - can barely remember what it is to have a dirty weekend!

Rina - yes, I've explained to nursery about her napping (about a million times it feels!).  I am going to re-iterate it when I go in on Mon.  I think one of the problems is that she won't eat her solids before we leave & I have to be out of the house by 7am at the latest but it then takes me an hr to get to work.  She then has her solids (usually around 8.20 by the time they've made it etc) then for some reason they don't put her down til about 9.15am.  Now this isn't a problem if she slept til around 6.15/6.30 as it would fit with her routine.  Unfortunately she's ending up being awake for 5 - 5.5 hrs  :o  :o  :o  Today she woke at 4.50am and didn't even sleep in the car and then didn't go down for her nap til 9.15.  Surprise surprise she only slept til 9.45am!  Thankfully she went down again 12.45 and slept for 1.5 hrs then slept for another 40 mins in the car on the way home so a recovery at the last moment.

I'm not sure if the NW are due to hunger, I've tried her with water and she's not interested.  She seems to be waking from coughing (very hard and prolonged coughing) and then won't go back off.  This is why I tried the water to help soothe her throat but she wasn't interested.   She just seems to be awake & rareing to go which I agree is totally unacceptable but she doesn't seem to understand this  ??? ::)

I tend to leave her to it as she's not crying and feed her around 5.45-6am.  She still doesn't eat much.  I offered her a 7oz bottle this morning (1st feed) but she only took 5 oz, then refused to have more than 2.5oz in the afternoon at nursery.  She had about 6.5 oz at bedtime which is the most she's taken at this time ever.  I think she was hungry due to having so little at the pm feed.  She took a good amount of solids, approx 7 tbsp of porridge & fruit for brekkie, approx 6 oz of potato, mixed veg & cheese sauce plus 3 tbsp fruit pudding for lunch then 3 tbsp of beef casserolle plus some finger food (rice cake/breadstick) at dinner.  Tonight is her last night of 5 oz DF then meant to drop it to 4 oz tomorrow night & bring it forward to 9.30pm.  I'm nervous about this due to her small amounts taken during the day but I'm hoping it will prompt her to take more during the day.  I'll see how she goes. 

I'm just so frustrated with constantly adjusting things, juggling times as she never wakes at the same time so every day is different.  I have learnt to go with the flow much more now (something I was never v good at beforehand  :P) but it just wears me down at times.  I NEED SLEEP!!!!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling message, hope this makes sense!

Shanaz

ps - how was Zara's day?  Were you at work today?