Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84416 times)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2007, 03:54:47 am »
litomi- If we move the second nap up to 100  does she get a nap before bed. That seems really long until 700. should she only be getting 2 naps of abour 2 hours a piece? Have figured out that a late bedtime is NOT the answer. We were out shopping and didnt get home until late. She was very hard to put down.  >:(

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2007, 04:47:31 am »
At your LO's age, she still needs a catnap in late afternoon. She needs total 3naps. 2 long naps +1catnap. By moving the 2nd nap earlier, that means her 3rd nap also will be earlier. Then this will make the bedtime earlier. ;)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2007, 14:35:53 pm »
Litomi- when you dd goes down at 630 what time does she wake up? I dont think my husband will go for 630 because he gets home at 500. How many hours of night time sleep are they suppose to get at 4 months. I had read somewhere that it was 10-11. So if she went down at 630 she would get up at 430 or 530. Is that right??

Offline k3lly

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Holy cow, 2 under 2!
« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2007, 19:02:06 pm »
Hi all - just to let you know DS slept till 6am this morning. That was after a slightly earlier bedtime (7:30 instead of closer to 8pm). It puts the squeeze on DH when he gets home in order to fit in any quality time, but I tried to point out, it's better for DS and we have to keep that in mind. Let's hope we never see a 5am wakeup again! Well, at least till May when no. 2 comes along  ;D

andibig

« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2007, 20:15:18 pm »
kelly
brill news about the later wake up ;D.at least now you won't need to move his naps.!!

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2007, 21:35:29 pm »
Rina,
No Collin takes a good nap if he is up too long, but then we sometimes get an early waking!  I'm about 99% sure that is the cause.  I am at such a loss and wish someone knew what to do.  Soon his wake time will be 2!  Part of me says put him to bed early (the advice i also get), the other part of me says keep bedtime at 6, and he will figure it out!!!!!!!!  Who knows!  I don't know if I'm going about this all wrong.  Must be, because this just keeps getting worse. 
 :-\

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
« Reply #471 on: January 18, 2007, 21:43:26 pm »
Leahwlfe,
When DD was 4mo. old, she went to bed around 6:30 and gets up around 6. She woke up for 1 NF, that's it. Sometimes, none. I joined the "Early Wide Wake club" when I started going back to work, coz DD was learning to get used to spend long hours with my mum and was overtired. She woke up an hour earlier then. Now she is 9mo., she still goes to bed around 6:30. When she dropped her catnap around 6.5mo., her bedtime was 5:30. Earlier bedtime doesn't mean earlier wake up time. If your hubbie gets home around 5:00, then make the bedtime 7:00. I usually put my LO down in her cot 20-30min. before her actual bedtime, just in case (needs another burp, another diaper change, etc.) + she needs time to fall asleep.
"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth is a wonderful book. It helped me to understand more about DD's sleep.

Offline texasmom

« Reply #472 on: January 18, 2007, 23:11:54 pm »
litomi,
hi there!   :)  i've always wondered about that book.  what kind of info does it have?

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2007, 02:49:10 am »
Hi Brooke,
The first few chapters are introduction of why sleep is important and factors that affect sleep, science facts, etc. Later it talks about sleep rhythm... and when it's the best time to put your LO to sleep. Then divides into 1-4mo, 5-12mo, 12-36mo, Preschoo, Older children, etc.
Dr. Weissbluth is a pead working at Chicago Children's Hospital specialized in children's sleep problems.

Offline texasmom

« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2007, 02:55:12 am »
Hmmm... sounds good.  Thanks!   :)

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2007, 12:25:50 pm »
Arghhhhh - I so don't want to be a part of this club anymore!!! (No offence ladies :-*) It's just that my dd is almost 2 years old! I feel like this is never going to end. :'( She woke at 4:45am today :'(. And she doesn't make up the sleep in naps either. Usually, I can make up some of the sleep for myself because my dh will work from home for a couple hours in the morning. But next week I don't know how I will cope because he will have to work 8am to 6pm every day and on 2 nights will have to be at some work dinners. I'm dreading it :(.

Sorry for the moan - I'm just so tired of this...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2007, 12:37:37 pm »
((HUGS)) Melanie.... you must be really tired+ you are pregnant!
What does your DD do when she wakes up at 4:45? Can you leave her in her room and let her settle herself?

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2007, 12:40:17 pm »
I hear ya with all this sleep stuff. My LO has been refusing to take some of her naps and last night was up for 2 hours straight and than got up at 6am. Needless to say I need a nap.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2007, 13:48:01 pm »
PLEASE ADVICE!!
We tried the earlier bedtime last night. It went wonderfully. We started bedtime routine at 700 and she was out at 730. It usually takes us at least 30 minutes to even get her to sleep. BUT she woke at 200 am wanting (I guess) a bottle. She took 4 ounces and went right back down and then slept until 700. Wake up time was much better and she even seemed to sleep more soundly. She has not woke up in the middle the night in about 2 weeks. So are we replacing early wake ups with another bad habit (middle of the night wakings). Should we continue with the early bedtime?  :o

Offline jmosery

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2007, 15:23:27 pm »
Hey Ladies

Haven't posted in about a week but I hear EVERYONE's frustrations. I am SOOO at a loss what to do

My LO WAS sleeping from 6:30-5:30. which is early but 11 hours. I could not move it. Tried everything, later bed time, everything. Then he started getting up earlier and earlier and I thought, NO, can't be eaelire than 5:30. Then people suggested Earlier bed time. So we cut the cat nap, which was fine and put him to bed at 5:30. So for a couple(3) nights he slept from 5:30-5:30. great right. figured if this is where he wants to be, we'll be here and in a couple weeks work on moving it up. just let him get into a rythm

WELL, the past two nights, he's woken up at 3:30 and is WIDE awake. and not going back to sleep. NOT hungry, dont even offer a bottle and doesn't want one.

This morning we were up from 3:30-5:30, slept from 5:30-6:30 and continued the day

I too, like MELANIE, are pregnant(14 weeks) and I am TIRED.

I'm so at a loss. Dont know what to do

so back to having the cat nap. today we are just going with the flow since im not sure what he'll do with the 3:30 wake up. He never wakes an sleeps 10-12 hours straight. no problems. he was not hungry and didn't  have his first bottle till 7 today. so thinking he'll go to bed at 7pm tonight.

My issue is, ok, if 10 hour nights are what he needs thats fine. but at 6 1/2 months old, he has trouble staying up 14 hours. even with 2 naps and  a cat nap

no issues on naps. sleeps 1.5-2 hour naps and a 30 min. cat nap.

but the issue is staying up till 7:30 if I want a 5:30 wakeup.

jaime
Jaime

Michael- 7/8/06
Natalie- 7/8/07

[