Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84418 times)

andibig

Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2007, 19:27:18 pm »
Mel
those damn teeth!!!!good that she slept later today
IM0
i would start with the transition to the big bed as you say shes going to have to sleep in one when you are on vacation.you could start off with naps and see how she goes! :)

Offline rinajack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2007, 20:18:18 pm »
Well I did the same as yesterday, today she did great in bed (just dozing on and off) until 6:10.  If I keep this up for a week or two, she may start to sleep later right?  Today she woke at 5:40 again though....I am almost certain this wakeup is related to DH leaving for work ::)
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2007, 21:33:16 pm »
Rina, it might be. Babies are quite clever. Sometimes DD wakes up from her sleep 5min. after I left the house. :o

Offline rinajack

« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2007, 00:36:21 am »
Yeah I think she hears him getting ready for work, then when he leaves it goes quiet, so she yells out to us ::)
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Zaiby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2007, 16:53:55 pm »
Ok - I'm back for a  little more advice...

I've been posting on the toddler sleep board about our early waker and have gotten great advice -
I just want to know - how long will it take????  Will it change?  Or do we just have an early riser on our hands?

I've tried short am long pm naps, early bedtimes, later bedtimes, one nap, limiting nap times,leaving him in the crib until acceptable wake up etc.

But he still wakes between 5/5:30 most days...Sometimes he will go back to sleep for an hour or so after wake up, but not all the time...The most we get is 10 hrs at night and 2.5 naps..
Is this enough???

Is there anything else to try?  Or just leave him be and eventually he'll start sleeping in?
It's so hard though because wake up times are inconsistent, so everyday is inconsistent..Should I do set nap times/bedtimes?
Or go based on A times?  I just don't know anymore.
He may start pre-school soon from 9:15- 12:15 2 days a week- I'm worried about this as well - He'll be up awfully long until nap time...

Thanks for listening...
Zaibun

andibig

« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2007, 19:03:13 pm »
Zaibun
sorry to hear things aren't improving.when he wakes in the morning is he happy to stay there?
unfortunately yes, adjusting early wakes takes time.believe me i've been there.
is he now on 1 nap or are you still doing the "power nap" and pm nap?

Offline Zaiby

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #501 on: January 24, 2007, 17:50:20 pm »
Well, the last 2 days he hasn't had a morning power nap - but that's because of his wake up time.
If he initially wakes at around 5/5:30 and goes back to sleep and is up 6:30ish or later, he won't catnap, and then we do one long nap - which can range from 1hr 15min - to 2hr 30 min...
So we go back and forth...

Today was very strange.  He woke at 5 (bedtime last night 7 - so again 10hrs), moaned and whined for 30 minutes - (normally he's ok to stay in there for awhile), I'm sick myself and DH has had the night shift and wanted to know what to do - I was so tired and frustrated that I told him to give him a little milk and put him back - so he changed him, gave him milk and put him back - this was at about 5:45 - he moaned on and off until 6:20 at which point he finally drifted back to sleep and was still sleeping at 8:00 :o
I woke him up because then ofcourse the whole day would have been thrown off...
SO now he's asleep again at 12:30 for his nap..(we had a very busy morning)..

I don't want to start the milk habit again, but..
Oh and wi/wo won't work I don't think - I've tried before and he just gets more and more wound up..I guess I could keep trying that, but he is very spirited hysterical..

So any thoughts?
Zaibun

Offline rinajack

« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2007, 19:48:37 pm »
well, my attempts have so far managed to get Zaras wakeup to 5:40.  Now it stopped moving.  Hmmmm.  Even last night she went to bed at 8pm, but didn't sleep til 9pm, still up at 5:40am. Grrrrrr.  This was all due to late nap cause she barely sleeps at daycare!
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #503 on: January 25, 2007, 20:32:43 pm »
I was wondering what you guys do when they wake up so early. I was thinking that we could establish a time that is sensible to get up and if she wakes earlier than that she stays in the crib. She has been waking at 500 and we usually let her talk. Today my dh went in and patted her to sleep. Any suggestions.

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #504 on: January 26, 2007, 01:32:55 am »
Hi guys.  :)  None of my brililant ideas are working either.  Collin's been going to sleep b/w 7 and 7:30 and waking b/w 5 and 5:45.  Urg.  What is up with these early wakers? 

leahwlfe,
I don't know what to do either.  I leave him till he gets cranky or cries and then I get him up for the day or try rocking him back to sleep.  :-\

Offline rinajack

« Reply #505 on: January 26, 2007, 04:25:38 am »
Hi guys.  The take Zara into my room thing is working ;D.  Today I didn't take her into my roomn (but I have every other day this week), she woke at 5:40, talked for a bit and fell back asleep for the first time in her life.  She slept til 7:05.  Her bedtime is 7:30 (or later if I let her nap late due to really bad naps at daycare).  But usually 7:30 now.  Funny thing though, we had guests this morning, we all got up at 6, but Zara was only rolling around, not calling out so I left her.  We were talking etc, there was noise, and 10 mins later she was asleep.  So now I think she is better with the noise, than the quiet house I have been creating every morning.  Weird.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #506 on: January 26, 2007, 12:19:44 pm »
Good morning.
Well, we could possibly be making progress.  Collin slept till 5:55 today.  Asleep last night at 7.  That is not bad at all.  Hoping it's not just a fluke. 
:)
Brooke

Offline rinajack

« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2007, 08:22:08 am »
Righto.  More noise around the house definitely working for us.  Zara woke again at 5:40 - put dummy in, turned on TV just outside her bedroom, and went back to bed.  Didn't hear from her again until 6:30.

Who would have thought? ;D
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2007, 11:30:15 am »
Great Rina ;D I guess having some sounds in the house gives Zara some assurement that someone is in the house. Then she feels secure enough to go back to sleep.
I usually let DD stay in her cot if she wakes up early. Most of the time she falls back to sleep after 10min. When she's teething or not feeling well, I'll bring her to our bed if it's already 5. Give her a bottle if she's hungry (her last bottle is 6pm), and let her play in our bed.... while I get some more sleep. Sometimes she falls back to sleep with us. 

Offline rinajack

« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2007, 22:34:04 pm »
Yep, it def works for us, she went back to sleep again today, until 6:50am.

Am very happy with this current situation.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10