Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84415 times)

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #615 on: March 12, 2007, 14:16:10 pm »
Rina,
What time does Zara fall asleep at night?  You may have already told me that. 

Collin has been doing better.  Last night 7:15-6:15.  B/w 10.5 and 11 hours. 

I read a little of that success thing on the toddler board, but I will read it again.   :)

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2007, 19:35:01 pm »
I have moved bedtime out to 7:30.  Sometimes we run a little late :-[.  But she is sleeping til 7am, so we usually get at least 11 hours now.  It took several weeks of shorter nights after we moved her bedtime, but we persevered, and it has paid off.
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2007, 20:51:15 pm »
At this time, it's either she sleeps thru the night and wakes very early for a bottle. Somewhere between 5am and 5:30am. Or she wakes up anywhere between 1am and 4am, has a bottle and than goes right back down and sleeps until anywhere between 5:50am and 6:50am. So it's tough not giving into that night bottle. I also have a different sitution going on I think.  Most of you have heard about it in the past. From 7 months to 9 1/2 months she went on a total hunger strike. than she finally started eating, but very picky and never anything that amounts to as much as some people on these forums have there babies the same age eating. some days she surprises us though. I understand teething and infections and what have you get in the way. but anyways, although some think the night bottle that she has at times is interfering with her eating food, I also think that her lack of eating food contributes toward that as well. This week, she has almost gone back to her hunger strike and has been eating like caca. Although today has been a little bit better.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline texasmom

« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2007, 00:31:38 am »
Rina,
You did the 2-1 nap switch right?  Did that help Zara to sleep later?  This is actually the best sleeping Collin has ever done, so I am thankful, but 11-12 hours would be a beautiful thing.   ;)

legend,
i can't remember how old yours is, but if she needs the bottle, that's ok, don't you think?  :)  i wonder why she does the hunger strike thing...

Offline rinajack

« Reply #619 on: March 13, 2007, 00:51:03 am »
Brooke

2-1 is in progress.  We are cue watching.  AT daycare she will only short nap, so 2 naps of about 1/2 hr each.

At home, often one nap, but with very bad teething lately I ahve been (with difficulty) forcing two - more for my sanity than her need). When we go out for the day - nap whenever she gives in - whatever she wants, not worth the fight when we are out.
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline lochiesmum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2007, 09:16:42 am »
Hi All, well we had a 4.45 wake up this morning, but I think that may have more to do with a sore throat / cold than anything else. He was still really tired when he woke, but would not stop crying, I offered a bottle (promptly thrown at me!) and then after 15 minutes of unsuccessful calming, I gave him some paracetamol. I had to put him in his stroller and rock him back to sleep (took 35 minutes!!!), but when I did he then slept until 7.20. Hoping this was just an abberation and not the start of a new trend. Will let you know

Offline rinajack

« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2007, 09:25:41 am »
If your lo is unwell, that would explain it.  30 mins or so is probably how long it took to kick in (the pararcetamol), so sounds spot on to me.  Hope your lo gets well soon!
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Johanne

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #622 on: March 15, 2007, 05:37:55 am »
I think I'm joining - we seem to be waking at just after 5am (it was 5.10am) this morning.So now he's in the playpen playing. He is wide awake and happy though. He went to bed at 7.30 last night (the night before it was 6.20 as *I* was exhausted (well dopey from my meds actually but I *had* to put both kids to bed so i could rest)), and last night I went to bed at 7.30 too. He woke up at 2am for a feed and then at 5. I remember my big boy doing the same thing - my DH's family all are happy with about 4/5 hours sleep - it amazes me. My DS1 wakes up at around 6 but plays in his room until 7am. I have to say Alex seems happy enough - I think he has got all the sleep he needs but I like my sleep, so i'm really tired!  ::) I'm off to do the washing up (yesterday was a bad PND day and it didn't get done for the first time in weks). :(

Jo

Offline lochiesmum

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #623 on: March 15, 2007, 09:48:07 am »
Ok, we are on day 3 of 4.30am wakeups. He seems to have almost recovered from his cold, so am now unsure as to the reason for the early wakings. When he wakes, I have been taking him out of his cot, putting him in the stroller and rocking him back to sleep. Terrible AP I know, but I simply cannot function at work with these early wakeups!! Wondering about the whole seperation anxiety thing, he seems fine with everyone else but often whingey and clingy with me. Last night I asked DH to put him to bed as he was even starting to be difficult then (usually very easy), he seemed fine, just rolled over after a few minutes of talking and went to sleep. He has also just learnt to pull himself up and crawl and I have heard this can be a difficult time. Here is hoping this is just a (short lived!!) phase :(

Offline Johanne

• Showing Appreciation 29
« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:16 am »
Aha! Alex started crawling properly a couple of weeks or so ago and is now pulling himself up. Could this be the cause of his early wakeups too? *Hugs to you Lochiesmum* I don't work but I'm not sleeping in the day anyway :/ School runs and all that...

Jo

Offline texasmom

« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2007, 14:17:30 pm »
Johanne,
Yes, milestones can cause early wakings.  :)

lochiesmum,
That happened with us too - the 4:30's.  For us it was DS being overtired.  You might want to try pu/pd.   :-\  Definitely could be the milestones, though.  Hope it gets better soon. 

Offline lochiesmum

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2007, 09:43:01 am »
Dont know if this has anything to do with anything or was just pure fluke. Last night when I put him to bed, I decided to leave the night light off, DS woke at a quite conservative 5.15am and it was a hungry cry, so I gave him a bottle (still in the dark, no lights on), after he had finished he rolled about for a bit made some noise BUT WENT BACK TO SLEEP :o I was just wondering if when he wakes early and I go in there, he sees me and decides it is time to get up, maybe if he doesn't see me, he won't wake himself up to the point where he decides it is time to start the day :-\ Could just be the sleep deprivation making my mind work a little strangely, but I am willing to give anything a try. Have put him to be tonight without the light and will let you know how it goes in the morning,

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:56 am »
Hihi, we are back again ::) 1-2 days of ealy waking, 45-1hr ealier than her usual wakeup time... and then followed by 1 day getting up around her usual wakeup time. It has been like this for 3weeks now :(
DD's usual wakeup time is between 5:40-6:00. It's all right for me coz we have to leave the house by 6:30. But, when DD's well rested, gets her 11hr sleeep... she wouldn't go down for her 1st nap until 9:30 (3-3.5hr A time). Then she naps for 45-1hr, and then awake for another 3.5-4hrs, goes to nap around 2. Takes 1-1.5hr nap and wakes up around 3:30. That really pushes back her bedtime to 6:30-7:00 (Usually 6:45, then her A time is only 3-3.5hr).... then there's early waking around 5   :o . Sometimes, she wakes up around 1am and talks to herself for 8min and goes back to sleep. Maybe she's not tired enough, huh???
Of course, when she wakes up around 5, she goes down easily around 8:30-9 for her 1st nap, then her 2nd nap is earlier, and moves our bedtime back to 6:30.  But with her 3rd A time being 4 hr, she's really tired and just sleep through....
BTW, DD is 11mo. She's teething 3 top front teeth coming out almost the same time :o But it seems it's not the reason. Any suggestions, ladies?

Offline texasmom

« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2007, 14:23:16 pm »
Not sure litomi.   :-\  Hunger?  I never thought hunger was the issue for us, but I find that when he doesn't eat as much the previous day, he wakes earlier and doesn't go back to sleep, even if he's not crying and doesn't SEEM hungry. 

OR I wonder if you went ahead and put her down at normal bedtime if she would go to sleep.  Maybe she is overtired?  Amazingly my LO will fall asleep at regular bedtime, even if awake time is short.  For us, the best thing is to keep bedtime consistent. 

Could be teething too.  That gets DS up early for us!!  Ours got 4 teeth in one week.  It's been a rough one.  I think b/c they have gotten a PRETTY good amount of sleep, the teething, hunger, whatever is uncomfortable is enough to keep them from going back to sleep when they come out of a deep sleep - I'm sure you've read about the 45 min intervals for babies... 

Offline lochiesmum

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2007, 20:13:36 pm »
Well I am cautiously optimistic, DS did not wake until 6.30 this morning which is more or less normal. When he woke he was happy, looking for his bottle and seems well rested. Maybe the night light being off did the trick, but I wont know until this lasts for more than a few days. :)