Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84431 times)

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #735 on: June 25, 2007, 06:43:14 am »
Brooke,i think India is just a morning person ::).we thought it was her teeth for a long time but we don't anymore.i am kinda resigned to the fact now.still keeping fingers crossed though ;D....jenny
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline Alison_3

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #736 on: June 26, 2007, 11:54:30 am »
Well it has been about a year since I posted on this topic, but that doesn't mean I'm not getting up early!  My now 2.5 year old wakes up around 6:00 a.m. on a good day.  I guess we've learned to just live with it.  We've played around with bedtime and nothing really seemed to make a difference.  He used to get up anywhere from 4:30 a.m., but since turning 2, he has consistently made it past 5:30. 

I now have another son who just like his older brother loves to get up early!  Whenever I get frustrated, upset, etc. (and we all do!) I just remember my mom recently telling me (she works at a doctor's office) about a 2.5 year old who was just diagnosed with terminal cancer.  I know his parents wouldn't mind getting up so early!  I know our lo's are much happier and so are we when they sleep more and later, but sometimes it just doesn't matter!

I hope I don't offend anyone with my little story, but it's just a reminder of how lucky we are to have our precious early risers!   2.5 years later we are still waking up extremely early, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

Good luck to you all and I hope you get some sleep! 

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Mamalou

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #737 on: June 26, 2007, 11:59:30 am »
babyben- thanks for that! You're absolutely right! :)

Offline jennyh

• my angels.
« Reply #738 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:41 pm »
thanks for the reminder,we should count our blessings....jenny
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline LisaM

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #739 on: June 26, 2007, 19:35:27 pm »
Babyben - yes you are right - I try to think how lucky I am too to have healthy gorgeous children when lots of people can't have any or have much worse things happening to their families.

I haven't posted in a while but we are still fully paid up members and by the looks of it don't think we will be cancelling our membership anytime soon.  Still things are definitely better than they were as the only sleep problem which is bad is the EW's whereas before it was all aspects of her sleeping....going in the right direction! 

Jennyh - can I just ask - when India wakes at 4.30am (same as us) does she get up or do you try to keep her in her room, reading or playing? At the moment as Grace is only 9months I do try to leave her as long as possible but I know that when Phoebe was 2 if she woke early (in those days I thought 6am was early!!) we would say it was too early to get up and she would read her books for another 30 mins etc most days but if she didn't want to she would just shout so we would have to get her up. Just wondering as really can't imagine having to go downstairs to start the day at 4.30am.

Wishing everyone a good nights sleep and a late wake up time in the morning - good luck!

Offline jennyh

• my angels.
« Reply #740 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:47 am »
i try to leave her ten minutes or so but she sings so loudly i usually get straight up.i go through an awful lot of coffee ;D....jenny
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #741 on: June 27, 2007, 20:55:00 pm »
Babyben,
Thanks for what you said.  I sure need reminders like that sometimes to keep things in perspective.  :)

Jill,
How are things?  I was thinking that as soon as your LO gets well rested, things would go back to normal. 

Jadeborn,
Your LO's routine looks good.  It looks like your LO is getting 14.25-14.75 hours (is that right?) depending on when he falls asleep and wakes.  The reason he is waking early could be that he doesn't need any more sleep than what he is getting.  Naps look really good, so it doesn't seem that he'd be overtired.  Is he pretty cranky on the days he doesn't sleep later?  That would be my only reason to think that he wasn't getting enough sleep.  I wish I could tell you something else.  You might just make sure that it's not something like too much light coming in, too hot or cold, or something else that could be waking him when he's gotten a good amount of sleep, but just not quite enough (if that is the case). 

:)

Offline LisaM

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2007, 17:21:12 pm »
I don't like coffee but maybe I better start to aquire the taste!!  Might be the only way to deal with the EW if they are gonna last at least another year.

Offline jennyh

• my angels.
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2007, 18:09:32 pm »
having an experiment tonight.dd1 is at my mams so i have put up a travel cot in her room and dd2 is in it as of now ::).i am going to see if she sleeps any longer in there.wish me luck....jenny
lisa,if this works you can have my jar ;D
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2007, 23:00:02 pm »
out of the blue, my LO decided to get up at 5:30am. her whole schedule shifted a bit. She's been waking between 6 and 6:30am for the most part. To top it all off, she didn't fall asleep last night until around 9pm. man I tell ya.

She had a decent 2 hour nap yesterday and didn't do so bad the night before, so I'm not entirely sure if overtiredness has anything to do with it. She did have a late start the morning before and her scheduled had shifted on the later side. This meant - her nap was on the later side. Due to this, I didn't put her to bed until 8pm since she had woken from her nap at around 3pm that day. I know late late late. Today she napped from around 11:15am to 1:15pm due to waking so early.

She went from sleeping late one morning to waking wizza early the next.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline LisaM

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #745 on: June 29, 2007, 13:16:22 pm »
Thanks Jenny - good luck let us know how it goes.

legend_018 - hope things sort themselves out - has it only been a couple of EW mornings?  How old is she?

Offline legend_018

• Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« Reply #746 on: June 29, 2007, 15:58:31 pm »
Thanks Jenny - good luck let us know how it goes.

legend_018 - hope things sort themselves out - has it only been a couple of EW mornings?  How old is she?

She's 15 months old...well almost. Today she woke at 6:45am so it was better. Ya just here and there. Night time has been the worst. No matter what time I put her down....she doesn't seem to fall asleep until close to 9pm. Sometimes her average sleeping time during the night is only 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 hours and than a 2 hour nap during the day. So far yesterday, was the only early waking. I did hear her at like 5am this morning and she did a LOT of crying in her sleep last night. woke me up a few times.
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline LisaM

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #747 on: July 01, 2007, 09:16:06 am »
I don't know if its the same thing but I do remember dd1 went through a weird sleep phase at around 16 months old.  She started playing up about going to bed (first time ever really) and she would scream if I left the room.  It took a few weeks to get her back on track.  Luckily she didn't wake during the night though but was definitely different for a while.  I'm sure its just a phase for you too and if you are consistent will all go back to normal after a while - hope so anyway - good luck.

Offline Leigh07

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #748 on: July 01, 2007, 17:53:00 pm »
kaitlyn is now 6 weeks old, she always seems to wake around 5am! if shes had a bottle about 4 she takes ages to settle back to sleep or if shes had abottle about 2ish she'll still have a litle whinge about 5am, might be cos its getting light and she thinks its time to get up lol i really dont know

andibig

« Reply #749 on: July 02, 2007, 19:23:25 pm »
Mary
I remember sashas sleep going seriously wonky at around your LOs age.Its another one of those developmental age things ::).theres a really good support thread on the Toddler sleep forum which is worth checking out :-*