Author Topic: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!  (Read 84430 times)

andibig

Re: EARLY WIDE AWAKE CLUB!! WANT SUPPORT? JOIN US!
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2007, 19:27:15 pm »
leahwlf
shes only just over 4 months and they usually go through a growth spurt at that age.she probably needed that btl.still pretty normal at that age to have a feed during the night.

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2007, 23:54:38 pm »
Leahwlfe
That's wonderful news ;D Your LO had a great sleep from 7:30pm - 7:00am and just 1 night feed. Your LO is still young, 1-2 nightfeed is normal. Just keep on trying to stick to your routine.

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2007, 01:25:39 am »
((HUGS)) Melanie.... you must be really tired+ you are pregnant!
What does your DD do when she wakes up at 4:45? Can you leave her in her room and let her settle herself?

Hi litomi - yes, I'm very tired, nauseous, and everything besides dealing with Carys' early wakings. I just got some anti-nausea medicine from my doctor, so hopefully I'll start to feel better and be better able to deal with this. In answer to your questions, when my dd wakes, she'll scream out and at first does sort of a mantra cry to try to settle herself, but that usually doesn't last long. Then she starts crying/screaming for either me or my dh to come in. We try not to go in until she really is actually crying. Dh usually goes in to try to resettle her, and sometimes it works, but not usually. This morning, she did fall back to sleep for maybe 10 minutes, then started up again.

Jaime - I really feel for you. I hope you find some answers. And success.

I hope all of you ladies find the same - success!

Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline texasmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #483 on: January 20, 2007, 03:44:26 am »
I just hope we can all post our awesome success stories and help some other mommas out!  :)

andibig

« Reply #484 on: January 20, 2007, 12:16:55 pm »
Mel
sorry Carys sleep isn't any better :(.i think i may have sorted out Sashas early waking (fingers crossed).

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2007, 13:25:58 pm »
Another update! We put DD down again last night at 730. She was so easy to put down and I didnt hear a peep from her unitl 600am. A little early but getting much better. Thanks for everyone suggestions. I guess that hour bedtime change has made a difference! ;D

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2007, 21:04:46 pm »
Thanks Andrea. I'm glad to hear Sasha's sleeping better :). This morning, Carys woke before 4:30am and cried on and off until 5:45am when dh gave up and took her downstairs. During that time, she fell asleep a couple of times for 10 min. at a time. When dh brought her downstairs, she fell asleep on his lap for 2 hours! So...obviously she needs the sleep. She was in such a better mood after that and playing more independently. It's such a dramatic change in her personality when she actually gets enough sleep. But how do we get her to sleep on her own in her bed???? It's sooo frustrating - it seems like nothing we do works. My dh thinks maybe we should move her to her big bed now - that maybe the crib is too uncomfortable. I don't know...what do you think?
Melanie

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2007, 00:27:42 am »
Melanie, what about bring Cary to your bed and let her sleep with you around 5:30 (let her settle herself first.) This works for my LO when she wakes up early.
Brooke, my DD used to wake up between 4:30 - 5:30 for a month.... that's why I joined this club. I just keep her 1st nap around 9. She rarely wakes up tyat early now. (knock the wood)
She sleeps from 6ish to 6.

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2007, 01:04:23 am »
Melanie, what about bring Cary to your bed and let her sleep with you around 5:30 (let her settle herself first.) This works for my LO when she wakes up early.

Unfortunately, I think Carys is the only child on the planet that DOES NOT like to sleep in her parents' bed. ::) I've tried to do this with her in the past, and she screams and pulls at me and says "No!". She definitely won't lie down and settle. :( Our efforts at trying not to "accidental parent" kind of backfired in that respect I guess.

Melanie

andibig

« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2007, 07:13:00 am »
Mel
sorry things are going any better.i remember you saying that Carys will not sleep in your bed.
i was thinking about the "big bed" situation.it may or may not backfire.basically all you may be doing is transferring the problem to the big bed which she can get out off!!
if you try the big bed i would get her really involved.have you already got the bed?let her chose the bedding and what toys she wants in the bed etc.
you could try a nap first and see how she likes it.
i know some people leave a sml box of toys at the end of the LOs bed in case they wake early.
will be thinking of you.
Andrea :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2007, 10:23:48 am »
Congratulations on your pregnancy Mel!!! I am not far behind you!  Are you due Sept or Aug?

Are you sure it is too late to retrain her that AP is OK, and that she can go to sleep both ways?  I am currently doing this with Zara (there is a threat of bedrest for my pregnancy). She is learning this quicker than she learned independant sleep ;).  I am doing it at naps, there is less crying and fighting each time.  I lay down with her, then leave when she is asleep.  I am hoping to transfer this new found "skill" to our early mornings, as this would not have worked previously as she wouldn't sleep with us unless ill.

Wish me luck, am going to give it a go in the morning  8)
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

andibig

« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2007, 10:44:29 am »
rina
hows the pregnancy going? i read on another thread probs with blood pressure??

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2007, 11:44:50 am »
Rina, I'm glad Zara naps in your bed and is making it easier for you ;) Miranda naps with me as well (I'm not pregnant, but exhausted working with the little monkeys in school) ::), she also naps with my mum while I'm at work. :P
Melanie, I agree with Andrea and Rina. Let Cary nap with you for a start and see how things go. Or, is it possible to push her cot into your bedroom and let her sleep there?

Offline rinajack

• Showing Appreciation 162
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2007, 21:13:24 pm »
Thankyou for the congrats.  Last BP check was OK, have to go again today.

I took Zara into bed this morning.  Not sure if she really slept, but she definitely rested, probably dozed.  It was restless, but her eyes were closed and she was quiet and calm.  Not too bad a start, if I do it consistantly, I think she will get the idea. ;D
Rina - Mum to Zara 29/3/06
                     Hugh 26/8/07
                     Bree 31/5/10

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2007, 00:12:38 am »
Hi everyone,

Andrea - I agree moving her to the big bed could backfire and make things even worse. It looks like we will probably start trying to transition her to it in February sometime though because we will be going on vacation to Florida in April, and she will have to sleep in a big bed during that time. She's too big for a pack-n-play now.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Mel!!! I am not far behind you!  Are you due Sept or Aug?

Are you sure it is too late to retrain her that AP is OK, and that she can go to sleep both ways? 

Thanks and congrats to you too Rina! I'm due Aug 27th. What about you?

About retraining her to sleep with us, I guess we could try working on that. Or it might just be better to transition her to her big bed as planned in a few weeks.

Melanie, I agree with Andrea and Rina. Let Cary nap with you for a start and see how things go. Or, is it possible to push her cot into your bedroom and let her sleep there?

I don't think her crib would fit in our room - it's pretty cramped as it is. This week, I think I'm just going to try to survive because dh won't be able to help much with Carys since he will be working a lot. Last night, Carys actually slept from 8pm to 6am with no wakeups, so I hope we are turning a corner. However, she was a terrible grump all day. She didn't have a fever though, so I think it must be her teeth bothering her again.

Melanie