Author Topic: 12 week old too young for 4hr easy????  (Read 1236 times)

Offline cmckenna

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: July 04, 2006, 23:14:59 pm »
My 12 week old has been refusing to BF after 3hrs.  She starts to eat and after 3mins is screaming at me.  I have tried waiting 3.5 hrs and she still seems not hungry.  She is definately not able to stay awake past 1.5hrs.  She usually yawns after 1.25hrs.  I have to wake her from 2 out of 3 naps a day so she can't be that hungry or she would not sleep - right?  Here's the catch though, this week, she has added a night feed because she is not getting enough in the day.  She is now up at 10pm, 1pm and 4pm to eat.  Also, she just started rolling over and this has caused a lot of wakings.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: 12 week old too young for 4hr easy????
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:48:08 am »
Could you post your routine please.

Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline cmckenna

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 17:28:53 pm »
E  8am
A
S  9:30 - 11:00

e 11:00
A
S 12:30 - 2:00

e 2:00
A
S 3:30 - 5:00

E 5:00
A
S 6:30

Here is our routine but lately I have been trying to feed her again before her nap because I don't feel she is getting enough.  Today she ate for a few minutes and then freaked out.  I tried again before her nap and she didn't want any.  When I put her down she screamed and screamed which she never does.  I fed he again because I felt she must be hungry and she was.  Ate for about 20 mins.  She has never been a snacker to I am not sure what is going on.  Also, she just woke up early from her 2nd nap which she never does. 

There is always something :)

Offline cmckenna

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 17:37:53 pm »
Forgot to include a few things in our routine.

I top her up before bed at 6:30pm, Dreamfeed at 10pm, and a 4pm feed.  Hope this helps!

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:07:02 am »
Your routine looks good.  As she can't go beyond 1hr 30min awake time, I would definitely move her on to a 3.5hr EASY.

She could be going through a growth spurt that is why she she is waking at night and taking a full feed.  Rolling over does cause a lot of night wakings as well as she can't get back.  Try practising rolling her back during her awake times so she know she can do it.

HTH
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel