Author Topic: how long did it take for wi/wo to work for you?  (Read 859 times)

Offline Alison_3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
how long did it take for wi/wo to work for you?
« on: July 04, 2006, 23:36:14 pm »
I was just curious about the length of time it took for wi/wo to work for you.  I've been doing it for almost two weeks and some nights it goes really well and other nights (like tonight!) it's just awful!  Nap time goes really well.  I put my son in his crib after two books and a snuggle and he might fuss a little, but not have a complete meltdown like he did/does at bedtime! 

I know two weeks isn't a long time, but I just didn't know when I should hope to see some improvement.  I'm sure each of our little dependent sleepers is different...

I'm dreaming of a night when my little guy talks himself to sleep!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Showing Appreciation 49
Re: how long did it take for wi/wo to work for you?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:32:08 am »
I think about 10 days but I do remember that it wasn't 10 days then problem over, all fixed.  We had a few nights and then the odd night of problems.  Could be lots of things that causes this, tiredness, days events etc.

I remember reading about people who put their baby in bed then walked away and thinking that'll never be me.  But stick with it, you will get there.  Just be consistent and it will get easier.  I am now one of those who puts LO in bed says night night and off I go.  In fact, I have a LO who asks to go to bed when sleepy and will take his shoes off and go and get into bed.  Its worth all the hard work to ensure that bed is seen as a lovely cosy place that's good to relax in.  My MIL insists I'm just lucky but I put it down to all the hard work I did :)

Good luck
Jenny

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 18:40:35 pm »
My first try, i tried for 1 week and it was getting worse and worse (no real improvements) so I quit in favor of Gradual Withdrawal.

Second try, ds was 18 months and it went all smooth and easy at exactly 20 days. It was like magic, I was about to give in and that very day we turned a corner. I had already (like you) seen improvements for the previous 20 days but other days were AWFUL. Mostly when I thought it was already solved, we had 2 steps back for a couple of days but on day 20 it was all uphill. Even now, when there's an illness, a particularly stressful day (you know that type when they throw a lot of tantrums and there are tears all day long), etc... we have to go there and try it again for naps or bedtime but it doesn't take more than 2 days. I know some days at night I feel so guilty at just walking out of the door and never look back! i was so used to stay in the darkness for over a year that i never thought my day would come.

Just keep up the good job, because eventually it pays off!!!!!! oh it's sooooooo good!!!!!!

Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

Offline Alison_3

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 15:54:58 pm »
Thanks for your replies.  Last night was horrible, but the night before I didn't even have to go back in!  My son NEVER talks himself to sleep or wakes up talking-  he's usually crying.  I'm not sure if it's because he hasn't slept enough at that point or what.  I just would love for him to go to bed happy and/or wake up happy!

Thanks again- 

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]