Author Topic: Just wondering - will you take your LO to nighttime fireworks on the 4th?  (Read 1216 times)

Offline becky1969

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
My LO is 6 months old - 26 weeks. We have this great fireworks display in my town about 6 blocks from us that starts around 9pm, and lasts about an hour. His bedtime is usually at 7:30. I had thought we'd skip the celebration this year since he's probably too little to care, but wondered if maybe this is one of those times you throw the routine out the window for a special occasion! DH & I could really use a little fun - it's been a tough month for us (I just had surgery).

Just wondered what others were planning to do with your LOs! (mine only sleeps in his crib, so probably no chance of him falling asleep in the stroller ride there and back!).
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline Missy Lou

• Showing Appreciation 138
This is a late post but we didn't do anything with our lo.  We were visiting my parents in the mountains and the whole vacation thing totally knocked DD off schedule so I didn't even try to keep her up.  Actually, I was terrified the fireworks would keep her up.  Thankfully, they didn't.  My husband and I sat outside and watched the fireworks neighbors were popping (my parents live outside of city limits so neighbors were able to pop firecrackers).  It's hard to not be able to go out at night any more.  I guess with a 6 month old, he's going through a lot of changes so you may not be able to leave much at night either.  My husband and I wanted to go watch the new Superman movie while on vacation because the city  my parents live in has a drive-in movie theater.  That sounded like fun.  But I couldn't leave my parents with a teething baby that wakes up screaming every hour. 

I hope you're feeling better after surgery.  Did you guys end up doing anything for the fourth?  At least next year should be a little easier at the 4th.  Also, your DS may be old enough to enjoy the fireworks by that time.

Offline becky1969

• Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
Hi! We ended up going downtown during the daytime with LO and people watching. It felt like a party downtown (we live in a resort/tourist town), so it was really fun. LO got a little overtired, but did go to bed and slept through the fireworks, just like yours! We only live 6 blocks from where they do the city's fireworks, so our house literally shook from the explosions!

It is rough not being able to go out much, but we're slowly being able to do more now that he's awake close to 2.5 hours. we've started taking after dinner walks with him before bedtime. It relaxes him plus it gets mom & dad out of the house and exercising! It's been a wonderful addition to our routine.

My surgery went really, well, thanks for asking! The 1st 3 days after surgery I didn't have 1 headache, which hasn't happened in 24 years! I've had h/a since then, but they are mild and easier to deal with. I'm starting to feel like a normal human again! We're VERY excited about the future now! And, we may even get to TTC #2. We weren't going to attempt another pregnancy with my h/a as bad as they were (I suffered a lot during my pregnancy because I couldn't take my migraine meds). But now it's an option! We feel very blessed.
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!