Author Topic: Early morning waking-help!!  (Read 920 times)

Offline darcilou

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:49 am »
Hi there, my lo is 13 weeks old and has for the past 3 nights woken at 5am for a feed, I've then put her back down in her carrycot and she's stayed asleep for 10 mins, become really restless and after leaving her to see if she falls back off asleep she's then screamed the house down, my husband eventually picked her up and brought her down this morning and she didn't go back asleep till 8am.
She's breastfed from 1 breast only because of a problem with the other and I can't say I have any routine with her eating/sleeping pattern in the day, I just feed her on demand, currently she has anything between 2-4 hours of sleep in the day which ranges from 8am-10pm, last feed is about 9.30-10pm and I've also noticed that the last few nights when putting her down at 10pm she's screamed and I've had to nurse her to sleep which she never used to do. At 5am this morning she was sucking her hand which woke her up, I haven't swaddled her the last few nights either because of the heat and she has been waking up more throughout the night for a feed, roughly 10pm, 12am, 2am and 5am, previously she was waking twice in the night for a feed.
Do you think its a growth spurt, lack of routine or that by 5am she's had enough sleep? in the day I put her down for a sleep when she's drowsy and she will drop off on her own, I am totally worn out with another child to care for and my husband works a lot, I'm so tempted to put her on formula as my friends little girl the same age goes from 10pm -9am and I'm worried this is her pattern now.
Please any advice would be so appreciated

Louise

Offline summersusu

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: Early morning waking-help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 17:45:13 pm »
I'm no expert but I would say that around 10 weeks I found that my LO needed an earlier bed time.  You might want to try that.  Babies at your LO's age should be going to bed anytime between 6-8 pm.  Also, I keep a night time routine, bath, bottle, bed.  This should help too.  I would also say that you should really have your LO on a routine, that would help too, 3 hour schedule.
Hope your little one sleeps better soon! :)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Early morning waking-help!!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 20:13:16 pm »
maybe you want to try a dream feed with your lo and put lo to bed earlier as the pp has mentioned...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005