Author Topic: Not sure where to post (leaky diaper)  (Read 5721 times)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: Not sure where to post (leaky diaper)
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2006, 14:14:53 pm »
LOL too funny!  My Mom saw the doubler and was like,  Uhm, is that supposed to go there?

Yes mom, he has his period... lol goof

Could be the teeth, also could be he has made a habit of waking up at this time now??? ??? ???

I'd wait out the teeth thing, then if he is still doing it at the same time, perhaps wake to sleep the night time method would work for ya.

Good Luck
Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline summersusu

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 13:28:44 pm »
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah  (did I spell that right?)
Anyway, so we put the larger diaper on, diaper doubler, and lubed him up in Destin.  And he slept from 6:30-6:15.  No night waking to change diaper.  YEAH  ;D  Well he didn't have a catnap either (seems to be having less of these, so he was up for almost 4 hours without sleep)  So I hope that is not why he slept so good.  I hope it was because of all his mommy's and BW mommies efforts in solving the case of the leaky diaper!  ;D
BUT  ::)  when I picked him up, there was about an inch in diameter circle wet spot!
So it leaked but not as bad.  I think I need to go up one more size in diapers because the ones that I am using don't look so big anymore  ::)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 17:45:23 pm »
Congrats!!!

Give the next size up a go and the other thing I was thinking about was...is it time to start weaning the overnight feeds or DF?  Less liquid in means less liquid out.  If not now, it will be in a month or two and that should help a lot, too!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline frankiesmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 18:23:57 pm »
summersusu, have you tried folding the back of the diaper down and in?  it creates a barrier for the pee and may help you with that little bit that is still leaking.  Worked for us with the doublers.

Offline summersusu

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2006, 20:04:52 pm »
And it continues
There is never a consistancy in leaking.... I have been using on most nights a size 5, DS wears size 3 but could probably use size 4.  Plus adding a doubler, lots of cream on bum and winky :), and folding in the back.  But still some nights he is soaked.
We don't dreamfeed but he does drink 8 oz before bed.  I give him a bath before bed and he usually pees in the bath so I know he has emptied his bladder before feeding him but yet this morning he awoke at 6am, which I needed to get ready anyway for work but all my efforts to push his awake time later in the am goes down the drain if a leaky diaper wakes him :(
Oh well, if it wasn't that it would be something else I guess :)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2006, 20:14:52 pm »
Could you squeeze 2 doublers in there?  The leg holes might be too loose then.  Actually if he's wearing a 3 during the day and a 5 overnight...there might be too much room around the legs.  Do you have a 4 you could try?
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline summersusu

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 15:51:33 pm »
Okay, so far using a lot of diaper cream and pamper swaddlers in a larger size has worked!
I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2006, 17:10:49 pm »
Awesome!

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline TJ & Stephy's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2006, 18:12:13 pm »
I think somebody should redesign the nightime diapers.  We had 2 leaks this week and I still can't figure out how it happens.  I've even started changing his diaper after his DF since he was soaked but we still had the 2 leaks.  :-\

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2006, 21:21:45 pm »
Alex leaked 2 nights in a row, so now she is in a size bigger and no more leaks, it always works for me.

Offline summersusu

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2006, 11:54:39 am »
Yeah, so far the folding the back of the diaper in after putting it on, putting lots of diaper cream on him (which seems to really help with rash and eczema  ;D) and wearing pamper swaddlers in a larger size has worked.  Haven't had a leak in a while, we don't do a dreamfeed, never have but he does take 8 1/2 oz before bed.  I tried every diaper out there and adding the diaper doublers but the pamper swaddlers seem to wrk fine without the doubler.