Author Topic: Advice...please??  (Read 844 times)

Offline shelliz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Advice...please??
« on: July 06, 2006, 19:24:59 pm »
O.k..... I need some advice. Here is dd schedule and then I will ask questions

7:00 wake, BF
8:00 solids
9:30 nap (varies from 1 to 1.25 hr)
11:00 BF
12:00 solids
2:00 nap (usually 1.25- 1.5 hr)
3:30 BF
4:30 solids
6:30 bath and BF
7:00 bedtime

Here's my delima.  I weaned Jessica off of the DF 3 weeks ago. It's gone. Hurray. We went on vacation w/ dd for two nights. She went to bed at 8:00 each night w/ shortened naps during the day (one morning nap was only 30 minutes and the second day she wouldn't nap at all. Afternoon naps were only an hour a piece).  So...I am sure that she didn't get enough naps plus a later bedtime. But....she slept all the way from 8:00 to 5/5:30 am. I fed her and she was back to sleep for an hour and a half. Now since we have been back she is stirring a whole bunch before midnight and then by midnight I have to go in and attempt to soothe her. The past three nights it has taken me 2 hours! I am so tired of being tired and I don't know what needs to be tweaked. Surely I don't need to adopt the schedule we had on vacation. That can't be enough sleep for her? I really wanted to be working on getting rid of the last nighttime feeding by now but I can't get rid of these other night wakings. Any advice?  No teeth yet (or signs of them emerging any time soon). She isn't crawling yet (close though). She has begun sitting up in her crib which started during the vacation. It doesn't seem like the sitting milestone would be causing the nightwakings though.

Sorry this is so long!

TIA, Shelby
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 17:06:43 pm by shelliz »

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Advice...please??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 22:05:06 pm »
Hi Shelby! Glad to hear that you got rid of the DF, did you see improvements from that?

Gotta tell you though, the sitting milestone can be a huge one for nightwakings. Colin was absolutely awful when he learned to sit. One night DH went to check on him a couple hours after bedtime, and he was ASLEEP sitting up in his crib.  ::)  :o    ;D   The best way to combat milestone-related wakings is to give LO plenty of time to practice during the day. If she wants to literally do nothing else, then go with it. That way she will master the skill sooner and get the urge out of her system.

The only other thing that I would say is that her awake times look a bit long after that first nap. I would shoot for at least 1.25 but preferably 1.5 hours on those naps and cut the A time a bit.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline shelliz

• Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Re: Advice...please??
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 00:57:24 am »
Thank you Jessica!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B