Author Topic: Hands Are All Over The Place????????????  (Read 924 times)

Offline Nadia's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Angel
Hands Are All Over The Place????????????
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:17 am »
My daugther is 5 1/2 months old and goes down very easy for her naps and in the evening but she wakes from her sleep quite a bit because she moves her arms while she sleeps and it wakes her up and then she can't put herself back to sleep. I'll walk in her room and she'll grabs for my hands, pull them towards her and then goes back to sleep. She'll play w/ my hands for a little while w/ her eyes closed and then just go into her deep sleep. I use to swaddle her because she's always had the problem of her arms going everywhich way but now that she's older she just break out of the swaddle. I've even tried just securing one arm and leaving the other out but she want's them both out. I would have thought that by now the reflex to throw her arms everywhich way would have stopped. I tried putting a small lovie in her hand to squeeze on but unlike me a lovie can't hold her hands down until she goes back to her deep sleep. I really need some advice. My sweetie has never been a good sleeper and it's only been recently that she's actually sleeping 6 hours straight (and that is on rare occasions). I think that if I could help her w/ this she would be able to sleep longer stretches of time. I'm not sure how usually this is for a baby of her age.

Any thoughts would help.

Thanks,
Thanks,

Patricia

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: Hands Are All Over The Place????????????
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 03:11:00 am »
Hi there,

i just tought i coud show you the pics i have from the "tuck in" method, 'cause maybe the explanation isn't as clear (i think... :P ::)), here is the link: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63879.msg474327#msg474327

Hope this helps

thanks Zoey :-*

Offline Nadia's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Angel
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 11:06:01 am »
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll be sure to try the "tuck-in" today begining w/ her nap and see how it works. Do either of you know if there is a certain age that a baby shouldn't be swaddled. I see where mothers take their babies out of the swaddle early but how much later in age can a baby be swaddle before a mother needs to stop, if there is such an age.
Thanks,

Patricia

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 15:25:53 pm »
i know some parents swaddle till 7 or 8MO, but i agree with Zoey, the best thing is to use your judgement. I hope the tuck also works with you, good luck!!

Zoey, you are a dear, thanks! :-*