Author Topic: Baby just learned to roll over and wont sleep at night  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Baby Marena

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I love my kids!
Baby just learned to roll over and wont sleep at night
« on: July 07, 2006, 13:00:51 pm »
My 4 month baby, just learned to roll over two days ago, since then, after 2 am she wakes every two hours to practice. She practices and cries after 2 minutes, because she is clearly tired, but cant put herself to sleep again; the only ways is when I give her my breast.  Is there some other way to sooth her to sleep, since she is clearly not hungry?

Angelica, Marena & Santiago

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Baby just learned to roll over and wont sleep at night
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 18:46:44 pm »
I would stop offering the breast now before she gets in the habit of that and then you have something else to fix.

Developmental wakings are the worst! The best way to combat them is to give her as much time during the day to practice as she wants. That way she will master the skill faster and get the urge to practice out of her system. She may still wake at night to practice but at least you can hopefully reduce the number of wakings. With the rolling milestone it will also help if you roll up blankets or towerls and put them on either side of her to keep her from rolling.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline cmckenna

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Baby just learned to roll over and wont sleep at night
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 17:29:22 pm »
Hi,

I just went through the same thing.  Have you tried to put her down with "stabilizers"?  I am not sure what they are called.  After being up with my DD for 2 weeks I decided to give in and try.  It worked like a charm.  She does manage to roll over them ever now and then.  I just make sure she gets lots of rolling time in the day!  Good luck.  I still have bags under my eyes from this milestone....