EAT > Food Allergies

Milk/Soy Protein Intolerance - MSPI - READ HERE!!!

<< < (2/89) > >>

Livvismum:
Thanks for this info Stacy. Just found out today that Livvi is MSPI after a visit to our paed - only took the health professionals 6 mnths to finally diagnose what I have suspected since 5wks so we are now both milk free zones!

Thanks again
Sara

rono:
First, I must say that you GraceKelleysmom has provided some wonderful information. It must have been very frustrating getting your diet just right though. I want to know what you think about my 15 week old son. When he was about 3 weeks old he started grunting in his sleep. Loud  :shock: . Eventually he would wake up and fart or poop, loudly. After about 2 weeks of him waking us up at 4:30am we decided it was time for him to move to his own room. Now I d/f him at 12:00 and then he wakes up at 5:30 crying. When I go in I put him over my shoulder to get him to pass gas and poop but by then he can't get back to sleep. The same thing with his naps. His gas and poops wake him up and he gets so upset that he I can't get him to go back down  :( . He's definitely straining to do it, although there is no blood or mucous in his stool.

I use soy milk in my oatmeal or on cereal about every other day. I usually use sprouted wheat bread, but ocassionally just buy wheat. I have eliminated corn, onions, broccoli, chocolate, beans and ocassionally I will eat a piece of cheese or sour cream. I guess I want to know if you think this is an intolerance or if he's just a gassy baby. And, what vegetables do you eat? You think beans are okay? I figure if it makes me gassy it will make him gassy.

I massage him every day (he has fussed during the tummy rub the last three days) I Called the doctor and they are going to give us a bowel relaxer to try. I don't know the name of it yet. But it's hard to work on extending his naps when he is hurting and upset.

Thanks for your input. Sorry so long.

Veronica

rooby-rooby-roo:
This is so interesting Stacy, when my brother was born 22 years ago, he displayed almost all of the above symtoms you posted, but on top of all that he also couldn't tolerate my mom's BM (maybe cos she was eating the proteins??) she went through 11 weeks of he ll where he gained not one oz in weight, he would feed for 23 hours a day, vomit it all right back up and scream with hunger again! The health professionals answer back then: Wean him!! So they did and he started solids at 11 weeks old!! He would however tolerate soy formula and so they used that as well! I showed my mom this information and she was amazed, she did the best she could at the time with the information she was given, but it just shows how much more we have learned in 20 or so years!!

GraceKellysmom:
Hi Clair, I agree that it is wonderful that someone is finally putting a name to the hurt that so many babies suffer. There is a hospital near me that studies babies with MSPI and they are finding that so many babies in my region have it. So now they are going to try to determine if it is regional or everywhere, but my guess is everywhere. I'm glad your mom liked the info I posted. And yep, we do the best we can at raising our kids with the info we have!

Veronica, to me he sounds like a gassy baby that has problems with passing stools. I'm not an expert, but I don't see much correlation between foods I eat and how Max (or my other dd) feels EXCEPT the milk and soy. I *knew* that something was really wrong, he cried all the time, his tummy always hurt.

I think the best you can do is to try totally eliminating milk and soy from your diet for two weeks, and see if you lo does any better. The hardest part is finding the hidden proteins, they are in almost every processed food. I eat lots of vegetables, from broccoli to potatoes. I eat citrus and regular fruits and lots of beans. Our day to day diet consists of homemade soups, roasted veggies, oatmeals, homemade breads. I don't eat very much meat anymore.

There are anti-gas medicines that baby can take like Mylicon.

I will post back if I think of anything else.

rooby-rooby-roo:
Stacy,
Another quick query... is it just chance that you got 2 babies with M(S)PI or if you have one with it are you more likely to get a second/ third etc?? Does this mean then that you could have one child without then one with MSPI then another that is fine??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version