Author Topic: Need advice on routine for 7 month old  (Read 991 times)

Offline kycat

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My little sweet pea
« on: July 09, 2006, 20:43:00 pm »
Hi all,

DD will be 7 months on Wednesday and I need some advice about our EASY routine.  DD is a BF baby and does very well with solids.  She generally goes to sleep about 8:00pm and wakes for the day about 7:00am.  She takes a 1.5 hour morning nap, a 1.5 hour early afternoon nap, and a 45 minute catnap at 4:30 or 5:00pm.  My questions are:

DD wakes about 7:00am and is always ready for a nap no later than 8:30am.  Does this mean that she's not getting enough sleep at night?

We've seem to have abandoned a true EASY routine since early naps mess things up.  I guess it's more like EASA.  Her A times are generally right at 2 hours.  Is this right for this age?

Thanks for your help,

Jill
Jill- mom to Kate (8yo) and Sophia (textbook, born 12-12-05)

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Need advice on routine for 7 month old
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:36:42 am »
I think things sound great.  If she's happy and healthy, then I say go with what works for her.  Try not to get caught up in "what should be," because each child is extremely different.  My dd was usually on the shorter side of what other lo's where able to handle for A times, but she quickly caught up after 13-14 months and she transitioned to one nap nicely.  Up until then, she had a morning nap 2 hrs from wake time, and a pm nap 3.5-4 hrs after that nap.  Her naps generally lasted 1.5-2 hrs.  I think your dd is getting a good amount of sleep.  My only caution to you is to watch for early am wakings, as that would be a sign of needing to drop the catnap.  When you drop the catnap, you can gradually stretch the other A times so her naps move later in the day.  But that's no worry now, things look good.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline kycat

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My little sweet pea
Re: Need advice on routine for 7 month old
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 15:28:11 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Trying to just go with the flow can be difficult, I guess.  I'll probably be back when we get rid of the catnap.

Thanks again!
Jill- mom to Kate (8yo) and Sophia (textbook, born 12-12-05)