Author Topic: formular to cows milk ???  (Read 945 times)

Offline babesx2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
formular to cows milk ???
« on: July 11, 2006, 17:32:25 pm »
hi every 1  been a while since iv been on here computer probs and losing track of time !! hope every1 is well. :)

my lads r 1yr 2 weeks now,i have been trying them with cows milk in the afternoon when they would normally have a bottle,i tryed them with it in a sippy cup as they do really well with it at lunch,that did not go down well spat it out both of them,so tryed it in abottle,didnt like that either,so tryed mixing it with formula 2 to 1 and they drank 7 oz ???

my questions r should i b mixing it with formulae,should i persever with the sippy cup? and if they dont have milk in the afternoon and  only have bottle in morning and b4 bed they will only bgettin about 14 oz milk is this enough ???  :-\  ??? they do have cheese yogurt and cows milk with breakfast.

thanx

Sarah x

Offline Pigeon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 17:53:13 pm »
Sarah,
When I weaned DD onto cow's milk I did mix it with formula - I did one week two thirds formula, one third cow's milk, next week half and half and the following week two thirds cow's milk and one third formula - that seemed to work fine with her.
Are they refusing the sippy cup at bedtime because they are tired and associate bottle with bed? It took a while for my DD to want to drink milk from a beaker, probably because of that. I would continue using the sippy cup for lunchtime and maybe continue with the bottle at bedtime for now, while they are getting used to the changeover.. (that's just my opinion).
In terms of quantity, again, I think 14 oz is fine, together with the cheese and yoghurt. I think (and someone will tell me if I'm wrong) that they should be getting about a pint of milk a day, but that DOES include cheese, yoghurt etc.
HTH!
Laura, studying SAHM of
Megan Isabelle - April 2004
William Harvey (Billy) - March 2007

Offline babesx2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: formular to cows milk ???
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 18:45:32 pm »
I'manx for reply sorry im only replying now but couldn't get on the site ???

i have been mixing 2 -1 and so far its been fine, done more half and half today and they are fine drinking it,there still not over happy with it out of sippy cup,but thats only milk,they both drink watered down juice out of it very well,will continue with bottles morning and nite till there used to cows milk,at least i no that way they will b gettin enough,

thanx for advice

Sarah x  :)