Author Topic: 12 week old regressed to 2 hour EASY  (Read 1366 times)

Offline LittleMy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 week old regressed to 2 hour EASY
« on: July 15, 2006, 14:24:51 pm »
hi there,

any advice appreciated - my 12 week old Angel was on 3 hour EASY with no problems - over the last few days though has started waking up 45 minutes into his naps and is wide awake and perky so has to get up. He's also now asking to eat more often, so we've regressed to the 2 hour EASY schedule. He's definitely hungry and rooting, although he doesn't always take much at the feeds. Is this a growth spurt, or does he need to be moved onto 3.5hr EASY? I'm confused!

the other option that occurred to me is that it's pretty warm at the moment, is he feeding more often to keep his hydration levels up? he's still yawning about an hour/1.5 hours into his A time.

Cecilia, mum to Isaac, 12 week old Angel baby

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
Re: 12 week old regressed to 2 hour EASY
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 14:30:04 pm »
Have you tried W2S?
My LO has sometimes times when he want more to eat, but then lactation consultant advises to wait at leas 2.5 hours, as less than that increases snacking, plus he does not get fat milk. Just my 2 cents.I am sure you get more an dbetter advise soon.
~Efka~

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 15:57:58 pm »
Hi there!

when my DS was 12Wo i had to change him to a 4hr EASY 'cause he started looking really bored with his bottle, and he wasn't that much hungry, and his naps started to be a mess, so i did it cold turkey, and it all fell back into place, the first week was a bit hard to keep him more at Atime, but i distracted him by walking him around the house (which he loves). So, how much is he eating? how does he behave when he is eating?

What you could also try, is for a longer routine, but include cluster feeding if you think he has just hit the 3MO grow spurt.

Offline LittleMy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 16:24:28 pm »
That's a good idea - he's definitely a hungry boy, has just had a really good feed on both sides and cried between the two sides, so very hungry, which is why I was doubtful about putting him onto 3.5 or 4 hour EASY, but I can't deal with the 45 minutes naps any more, I can't get anything done!

Will try transitioning him onto 3.5 hour or 4 hour EASY, so do I start by extending the morning A time? we are going away tomorrow for two days so think I will start when we get back - he might be over his growth spurt by then as well.

thank you!

Cecilia

Offline estherofi20

• my gorgeous babies
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 19:12:19 pm »
Cecilia, i would deffinetly suggest to try to transition when you get back from your trip.

Here is the plan for the gradual transition, this takes like 2 weeks to complete, but its much smoother if you wanna call it like that! https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=50527.0

good luck!

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:58:41 am »
hi.

just want to make sure: is a 12-week old ready for 4 hrs EASY? my dd is going through growth spurt right now [I think... her sleeping and eating patterns are such a mess  :'( she's waking every 2~3 hrs at night to feed and was sleeping 8pm~3am/3:30am~7am] and I was wondering reading your posts if I should try transitioning her to 4 hrs EASY when the growth spurt is over???

TIA,
Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline estherofi20

• my gorgeous babies
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 12:19:14 pm »
Hello Monika,

well i guess it depends on how you see her, i did it 'cause my DS wasn't eating 'cause he just wasn't hungry at the 3hr mark, he was even annoyed with the bottles, and his naps started to be really bad. So, what i would do, is wait for the grow spurt to be over, and then watch your DD for like 3 days, analize her behaviour at Etime, if you see her not hungry and even fussing, i would try the slow transition (i did do it cold turkey, but i don't know how you feel about that :P).

HTH