Author Topic: Too hot  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Wife and Mummy.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Too hot
« on: July 16, 2006, 17:00:51 pm »
Ok i have 2 dds yasmin who is 3 on friday and charlie who is 4 on 2nd august,and they are not eating at all because of this heat.They are actually losing weight.I just wondered if their was anyone else out there whos kids are the same.All they want is juice all day or a glass of milk.I mean they will ask for things like pasta and i make it they will have one mouthfull maybe more and then turn their nose upIts been like it for weeks now.They dont really like salad.Most of the time they have some cheese,ham,cocktail sausages and thats all they want.Plus they are quite fussey too.
samantha,mum to all.

Offline Jenn©

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Too hot
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 19:08:39 pm »
On and off these days.  It's 102 degrees out there today, so I don't really blame her.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 19:36:45 pm »
We live in the Middle East so well used to heat when we go out but of course have ac at home. We went to Italy mid June and it was about 32 -36 degrees and humid. On our 3 rd night dd threw up all her dinner 2 hours after eating and 15 mins after she was in bed, prob due to heat cos after that it was just pure torture, she would eat breakfast - weetabix but I really had to coax her and dinner 10 hours later, again weetabix and again silly games books etc to make her eat, she never drinks anything during the day but she was drinking milk and water like it was going out of fashion, she always had her cup in her mouth. And yes she lost weight. On our 2nd day back home she started to eat normally again. I guess there is nothing you can do really, I worried for the first 4 days but then saw dd was fine so just let her get on with it.

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 19:56:30 pm »
it's going to be 32c tomorrow ... Gosh.

have you tried soup? like minestrone with some pasta shape.
and soup noodles? like japanese udon noodle (you can get it from chinese supermarket).
if they like sausage, how about hot dog with some veg like tomatoes and onion in them?

oh, and try not to give them icy cold drink as this will affect appetite.

mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 20:01:00 pm »
True re the icy cold, think thats what made dd sick actually, try and give liquids at room temp and have milk out of fridge for few mins before you give it. cold and empty stomach do not work well together.

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Showing Appreciation 49
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 20:10:12 pm »
What about some smoothies made with fruit and you can put yoghurt in too for some extra calcium.  At least they would have fluid and some vitamins?
Jenny

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 04:04:46 am »
Right there with you, ds appetite is the pits lately and I think its because of the heat and humidity.  So he is drinking alot.  So much last night in fact that he threw up after sucking down loads of milk, way too much for such a little tummy, and it was cold milk ???........never heard the thing about cold drinks and empty tummies.  So I have been cleaning carpet like crazy today trying to get out the smell of rotten milk :'( 
Julie

Offline andrea21

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • My 2 boys...
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 04:54:32 am »
My DD does that when we go to Australia,where we are from in DEC-FEB you can go up to 33-35degrees with humidity.

Just keep an eye on that they are drinkning lots of fluid as them might dĄget dehydrated with the heat?

You can get in(aus this is drinks for kids to stop them be dehydrated)

Andrea....

Offline Wife and Mummy.

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 06:25:26 am »
Thanks for the suggestions i will try the smoothies,the eldest one would only ever eat tomato soup so i might try to add some spaghetti and cheese she may eat that.I'm glad its not just my kids.Thanks alot guys.
samantha,mum to all.