Author Topic: Jolly Jumpers  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Michaela's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Michaela - my cheeky little angel !
    • International Work from Home Opportunity
Jolly Jumpers
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:44 am »
I wanted to buy a Jolly Jumper for my 8 month old dd as i think she would really love this. We recently bought her a mechanical swing with an activity tray with toys and music etc - she HATES it !!!  ::) She loves to move around and jump and generally be mobile so i think the JJ would be a good idea - however, she's a VERY strong lo and i have heard stories that if they jump too hard, they can damage their heads with the jolt. I don't know how true this is, so i would really appreciate any suggestions or advice that anyone has.

My first daughter had a JJ many years ago (before i read of the dangers) and was fine - she loved it, however, she was smaller and lighter than my second dd.

Thanks guys
Sharon

Sharon
Mom to Kaeleigh (19) and Michaela (16 months)

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
Re: Jolly Jumpers
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 11:44:50 am »
Not from experience but from what I've heard is that if the JJ is introduced too late los won't take to it.  We started with dd at 4 months and she LOVES it. She's also quite strong and no problems as far as we can tell  ;)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Jolly Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 14:43:28 pm »
I think we got my DD her JJ around 8 months or so and she just LOVED it.  Hadn't heard about the safety concerns - seems like if you pay attention to her in it and make sure that she's not getting too close to the door frame you should be fine.  They make ones that sit in a frame instead of the door (they look almost like spiders) and that would eliminate that worry if you're concerned.  They look like this http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265139&cp=&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=jumper&kw=jumper&parentPage=search
-- I know someone who had one and thought it was great.