Author Topic: Heat, Teeththing or needs change in routine?  (Read 1073 times)

andibig

Heat, Teeththing or needs change in routine?
« on: July 18, 2006, 18:55:58 pm »
hi
since DD is almost 14 mths i feel i should really know the answer to this (but i'm a bad mummy so i don't!!!)
for the last couple of days DD has gone off her solids. i'm not sure if its because of the heat (very hot in UK at the moment) but shes having plenty of fluids. Teething as shes cutting her bottom molars or do i need to change her routine.

6.30-wake and milk(5-6oz)
7.30-breakfast
9.30-10.30-nap
10.30-water or juice
11.30-12.00-lunch
1.00 milk (5-6oz)
2-3.30-nap
5pm-dinner (may have snack b4)
6.30-milk (6oz)
7pm-bed

i'm quite happy with her sleep at the moment as generally she wakes up quite happy but is cranky some of the day due to her teeth. i am going to move her breakfast to when she wakes up but i'm wondering if i need to drop the 1pm bottle.
TIA

Offline Lindy Loo

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • DS Jun 2005, DD Dec 2008
Re: Heat, Teeththing or needs change in routine?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:32 am »
Hi there

Firstly you are never a bad mummy .... my DS is almost 13months and exactly the same at the moment and I just guess my way through each day.

His nights are generally great but since Sunday he's not keen on solids at dinnertime apart from fruit and yogurt and he's not doing well with his afternoon naps either.  I think its a combination of the heat and also his bottom molars are on their way too.  Plus I reckon he's starting to get close to transitioning to just 1 nap a day though how I tackle that I don't have a clue.

His routine is:-

6.45/7 am - wake
7.30 am - breakfast and maybe a few sips of milk
10.15 ish - nap for anything from 40-80 mins
11 ish - fruit/snack
12.30 pm - lunch
1.30 ish - nap normally for about 45mins but at the moment lucky if 10 !
5.15 pm - dinner
6.30 pm - bath and milk
7 pm - bed

He's never been a big milk drinker so only takes about 9oz a day but constantly drinks water ... more so since sunday.
He's never taken milk around lunchtime at all but as your DD is taking 5 oz then maybe she is substituting fluids for solids during the hot weather.  Will she take fruit or yoghurt instead of the milk?

I am not really worried about my DS's solids as he takes loads at lunchtime and is having loads of fruit and is not suffering from lack of energy (unlike his mother).  I'll just roll with it until the heat dies down and then see how he goes.

Good luck
Lin

andibig

Re: Heat, Teeththing or needs change in routine?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:58:53 am »
funny cos its since sunday shes been on and off with solids.she has been eating fruit and yoghurt.and now its a good breakfast and dinner (shes always eaten her dinner).normally she eats a good lunch followed by milk.i just thinj its the heat at the moment (l/time being the hottest part of the day).so i think i'll wait until this heat dies down
thanks for your advice
thought i should add that she doesn't always have 5oz at 1.00 sometimes she can have as little as 1oz so i think we the heat shes just finding milk easier
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:02:34 pm by Sashas mummy »