Author Topic: question about 4.5mo old easy  (Read 776 times)

Offline etmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: July 18, 2006, 23:12:56 pm »
Not sure if this should be posted here or under breastfeeding, but it has to do with my lo's routine so thought I'd put it here.  My ds is just falling into the three nap pattern (morning, aftenoon, pmcatnap).  Some days, however, he gets off if his morning nap is short (as it used to be all the time).  On typical days I feed him (basically) at 7, 11, 3 and 7.  He is eating a little cereal (reflux) so I do that during our dinner time.  ANd it's nice to all eat dinner together (have a 21 mo old as well).  So I just give him cereal at 5.  Then I do a df at 10:30 and some nights he makes it all night, others he eats around 4:30ish. 

My question is about these days that are not so typical.  Since he wakes early from his nap, his second feeding is at 10 instead of 11 (he actually wakes from nap closer to 9:30 but I think he should wait at least 3 hours).  Then he can go until 2.  If I try to feed just cereal at 5, he's hungry enough he wants milk, too.  The problem comes in because when I nurse one side, feed cereal and nurse the other it's around 5:45.  It takes a while due to our family eating together and we enjoy this time---dont' want to rush it.  So I am not sure what to do next.  I usually just put him to bed at 7 w/out feeding as it's only been an hour and that also keeps him up until 7:30.  Since his catnap ended around 4:30, that's too long for him.  Should I give a dreamfeed earlier than 10:30 then?  Should I be doing something else?  On these off days the routine goes something like this:
E---7
A
S---8:15/30-9:30
A
E   10
A
S---try to make this 11:15 and he'll go almost 3 hrs.
A
E----2
A
S   3:30-4:30
A
E---5

etc.

Any thoughts on this?  HOpe it's not too confusing ;)  These days happen once or twice a week so maybe I shouldn't even worry about it...just wondering

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: question about 4.5mo old easy
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 05:53:48 am »
etmom
Is you LO looking for his feed earlier at 10am? Rather than 11am like a 'normal' day.
Have you tried any methods to extend his 1st nap?
Lauren x