Author Topic: Sitter having a hard time implementing EASY  (Read 825 times)

Offline melrobnate

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Sitter having a hard time implementing EASY
« on: July 19, 2006, 17:23:15 pm »
Hi.  Our 4.5 month old son has been on EASY for 2.5 weeks and my husband and I are loving the routine.  He has been doing well for us, but our sitter is really having a hard time of it.  She doesn't like following a schedule and told me that she feels sorry for our son.  She said that she thinks we are training him to be a robot.  The routine has worked wonders for our son as he now goes down easier and when he's fussy I have a better understanding of why he is that way.  How do I get our sitter on the same page?  Anybody else having similar difficulties?  Thanks in advance!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Sitter having a hard time implementing EASY
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 17:36:35 pm »
melrobnate
I think you need to look at what is best for your son. Have you been using your current baby sitter long? 

E.A.S.Y. is not a schedule.  A schedule is more about focusing on the clock, whereas E.A.S.Y. is about focusing on your baby and his cues and needs.  Rather than following time slots, E.A.S.Y. follows a daily pattern of events.  By doing so, we guide our children and teach them by repetition.  "The most important aspect of E.A.S.Y. is to read your child's signs-of hunger, of fatigue, of overstimulation-which is more important than any time slot."  (page 20)  Tracy uses example routines in her books that include times.  This is for informational purposes to generally advise on how to use EASY.  But babies vary, and each baby varies every day, and you shouldn't panic if a feed time is off by 15 minutes, or if baby doesn't nap for 2 hrs.  Also, not all babies wake at 7 am to start their day; some are early risers, and some sleep later.    https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63534.0
Lauren x

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 19:08:19 pm »
I agree with Lauren.  It is up to you and your husband how you want your ds's day managed, and your sitter is there to respect your wishes.  Perhaps you could print off some of the information in the FAQs section for her to review.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:54:16 am »
maybe you should change the sitter...

:-* to you and don't give up! EASY is so worth implementing!
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)