Author Topic: Keeping dd up late for one night....need advice  (Read 971 times)

Offline pkralev

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Keeping dd up late for one night....need advice
« on: July 21, 2006, 02:52:38 am »
Hi all, I have a dinner dance to go to on a week from Saturday. I need to take dd with us as there will be no-one to look after her and there will be alot of relatives there that haven't seen her. My problem is that she is usually in bed by 7.30-8.00. Se is 4 months old and on 3.5hr EASY, my question is will it be ok to have her up late for only one night? I'll be getting there at 6.00 and i'll give her a feed and i plan on leaving at 10.30 or 11.00, i'll also have her pram there so she can hopefully sleep in that if she needs to (she really only sleeps in her pram for about 1/2 an hour). Any advice on what to do so she isn't very grumpy would be much appreciated.

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
Re: Keeping dd up late for one night....need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 03:13:45 am »
Hi there,

We had to do this as well for a family wedding when DS was about 5 months old. It went really well, I was so relieved.  He made it until 7:45pm and started getting sleepy, grizzly and over stimulated so I left the hall and went for a walk outside, I fed him (BF'd him on a park bench!  ::)) and he fell asleep.  Then I brought him back in and covered him with a blanket over the pram and stuck him in a corner.  DS doesn't mind noise so that was helpful.  I made sure everyone got to see him lots before, so they wouldn't open up the blanket to have a look, IYKWIM!? He woke around 10:30.  So, I treated this like a night waking and took him to a quiet spot and fed him 1 breast and DH and I packed up and left.  He fell asleep again (with a bit of crying) on the way home in the car.  We carried him to his bedroom and I gave him the other breast and treated this like a Dream Feed.  He slept no probs and woke up at his usual 4 am and 7am.  No problems the next day at all honestly.  Hope you have the same luck.

Aisling x

Offline pkralev

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 03:24:16 am »
That's a relief to hear that, thank you. I'll do the same when she gets grumpy, feed her and then put her in the pram and walk her around so she falls asleep. And i like the idea of giving half a feed at 10.30 and then the other half at home. Thanks for the advice.

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 21:13:14 pm »
In these instances I presonally just give him a catnap nap of 10 -15mins at his normal bedtime and he lasts for another 3 hours, however my DS  is 10 months and I have only done this he was 8months and never more than 2 few times a month.   

You would need to just try it and see :-\
Lauren x