Author Topic: Someone tell me why pat-shush isn't a prop?!  (Read 778 times)

Offline bear

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Someone tell me why pat-shush isn't a prop?!
« on: July 21, 2006, 20:06:25 pm »
Hey there to all you moms of LO under 3 month,
I have only recently found the BWSAYP and had my 10-week old trained to fall asleep independently already. Every now and then he would wake up at the 45 min mark and I would be unable to get him back to sleep unless I held him for about 30 min. and then possibly was able to put him down. He didn't do that a lot so I was fine by me.
Now that I found the book I have been using it to extend his naps and have gotten it work 5 times already.
Now I have two questions.
First: Why exactly isn't shush-pat a prop after all they can't do that by themselves either, like climbing into the swing or into the car or any other prop parents might employ....?
Second: Do they get out of the 45-min wake habit again?? or will he now always wake and rely on me to shush-pat him back to sleep.
            He goes down just fine, just can't seem to make it passed that 45-min mark in the last 3 days it was only the 3rd nap,now           it's also the 2nd nap that is affected.

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Re: Someone tell me why pat-shush isn't a prop?!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 20:41:39 pm »
Hi there

Try the FAQ section on the PU/PD board.  I'm pretty sure there's a post explaining this.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)