Author Topic: Help Help Help.........  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
Help Help Help.........
« on: July 25, 2006, 14:15:53 pm »
Sorry to be so dramatic.lol.I really don't know what to do anymore.My Lo is seven months old and she still wakes at night to eat. She goes to bed at 7 and sleeps to about7-7:30., with one night waking to eat then right back to bed.

I've tried everything to get her to stop eating at night but with no success. I've let her cio, I've watered down her bottles, I've decreased the oz at night, I've tried feeding her more during the day......I just don't know what else to do.

I've been told that it is normal for some babies to have to eat at night until they are 9 months. If thats the case I won't worry about it. It's just so frustrating because two of my friends lo's are younger then Tatum and sleep through the night.

I hate to complain about her waking at night because she is such a good baby she eats and sleeps good during the day and she never cries unless I've missed a hunger or a sleep cue. I just would love to sleep for a full night without getting up. My dh is away for a month and I have no family around so I'm on my own for awhile.

Please send some words of encouragement my way I'm starting to feel like a failure.  :'(

~Kim~

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Help Help Help.........
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 16:23:36 pm »
{{{{HUGS}}}}

You are not a failure.  Like you said some little ones do need to eat at night longer than others.

What time does she wake?  Is it usually the same time?  Have you started solids and how does she like them?

Can you post your daily routine for me?

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 16:54:51 pm »
I am sure Lana will offer you some great advice I just wanted to offer some hugs and encouragement and tell you - YOU are NOT a failure!  I believe night wakings to eat are VERY normal - if she wakes and takes a full feed and go back to sleep - she must need it and will drop it when she is ready.  Just my opinion.

You are a fabulous Mom. :-*
Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline Tatumsmom

• Kim~ mommy to Tatum and Logan
  • Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 17:01:36 pm »
Hi Lana,
Thanks for posting back.
We have a very flexable routine. I was doing the four hour easy, but to be honest she didn't do very well on that type of routine.I kind just let her put herself onto a routine. It verys a little day to day but usually it goes something like this:

7:30 wake I usually then bring her to bed with me and we cuddle and play for a bout 45 Min's.
8:30 she has a 7oz bottle ( but it can be earlier or later depending on what time she had her night feed)
9:00 she has solids  cereal and fruit.
10:30 naps for anywhere from 1-2 hours.
1:00  eats about 7oz
1:30 she has solids veg and fruit and some cereal
3:45 she has about 6oz
4:00 nap for about 1-1.5 hours
6:00 she has solids veg and cereal
7:00 she has her bath,lotion rub down and another 6oz and then off tho bed.
She doesn't really like her solids yet.
She will wake up for her feeding anywhere from 2-5:30 it is a different time everynight.She isn't a very big eater and must times she only has a few tsps of solids. The most she will drink at a time is about 6-7 oz and thats a good feed. She does take a full 6-7 oz at her night feed.She is formula feed.  She always goes right back to bed after her night feed and will sleep till 7-7:30. She is still pretty small for her age at her six month check she was 17 lbs 9 oz.
I'm happy with her day routine as she is always happy and fun to be with. She  hardly ever cries or gets fussy. When I was doing the easy routine she was waking two or three times at night and wouldn't nap or eat well during the day. I think it was because she can go longer without eating or sleeping and when I would try to feed her she wouldn't eat because she wasn't hungry enough and wouldn't nap because she wasn't tired. Since she's been on the Tatum (lol) routine she is doing great, I just want the night feed to go away.Thanks for your help.
~Kim~

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 17:15:42 pm »
It looks to me like you two are doing great.  The fact that you are following her cues is really important. 

I don't really see anywhere that you can make any changes at this point.  Like you said she takes her full feed at night so she is obviously hungry.  I would think that once you get solid firmly established then she will stop waking.  For right now I would continue to feed her.

HTH ;D

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 17:50:20 pm »
Some babies sleep through the night without a night feed sooner than others. Like you, I kept wondering when it would happen. Well, it WILL happen eventually! Mine didn't start sleeping through the night until shortly after she turned 1 yr old. I hope it doesn't take as long for you. But it looks like you're doing great...

Marie