Author Topic: w2s timing  (Read 899 times)

Offline arial

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
w2s timing
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:38:44 am »
My LO who turns 3 months today, wakes up habitually between 3:30 AM to 4AM.  We just tried W2S at 2:30AM and still woke up at 4:00AM.  Does w2s need be done exactly one hour before waking time? 

thanks

Offline bear

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 17:17:53 pm »
Hi there,
I read another book that recommends just 20 min. before the actuall time of waking, but your range 3:30 to 4:00 is not really habitual. It is if it's within 5 min. So he might still be hungry at that hour OR he just needs you to help him settle back to sleep.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: w2s timing
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 18:13:39 pm »
I was also wondering if your LO might be hungry.

But to answer your question, I have heard success stories from folks who have done W2S anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes before the wake time.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline arial

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 20:39:50 pm »
Three nights ago, he woke up around the same time.  I was not sure if he was going thru a growth spur so I ended up feeding him.  He ate only one oz of milk and continue to fuss, cry and wail.  One piece of info that may shed more light to the problem is that one week ago he was weaned off his paci.  He has gone back to his old ways of waking up during the night, but this time, we do not have the paci to soothe him. (we eliminated the paci since we used to have to replug it from the time he woke up -3:00Am to until his wake-up time)  Recently, I also increased his intake from 24-26 oz per day to approximately 32 oz.

Any other suggestions?  Also, does it take a few days for W2S to work?

Thanks

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 20:45:16 pm »
Ah yes, the paci removal problem. You are brave! There will definitely be an adjustment period then.

Yes, W2S will take at least a few days to kick in. Sometimes people need to keep it up for a couple of weeks, but that's not terribly common.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o