Author Topic: What's up? (besides DD)  (Read 975 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
What's up? (besides DD)
« on: July 26, 2006, 13:43:16 pm »
The last 2 nights DD has woken at 1230, fussed a bunch, gobbled 7oz, then back to sleep.  The first night, also up at 0330 as she was soaked.  Big shock, huh?   ;)  5 oz then back to bed.  There was a storm that night that may have contributed some.  Is there a 12 month growth spurt, or am I looking at a habit in the making?   
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
Re: What's up? (besides DD)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 15:27:04 pm »
Jenn,

No advise but wanted to send you BIG HUGS and  :-*

Go back to sleep little mouse :)

Faye :-*
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 16:04:58 pm »
Hi hun xx

Is your weather hot? Our weather has been ridicuous lately and at night Wills room has been very hot despite having a fan on and he has been waking up frequently during the night - which is weird for him as he is sleeping 12 hrs thorough these days. Sometimes he will re settle with just a stroke on the head and other times he has a sip of water as I think he might be thirsty. Then he will go back down with his teddy and dummy again. He doesn't seem to be any more hungry than usual when he wakes up - just has a little drink of milk and then brekky as usual at 9am.

Im not sure if there is a 12 month growth spurt.. havent noticed anything yet.. in fact I read somewhere that LOs tend to go off their food at about 12 months..  Could the darling mouse be thirsty if its hot? Try offering her some sips of water instead of milk and make sure her room is a cool as you can get it and see if it helps.

Its only my thought but if you continue feeding her in the night it may form a habit you could do without.. try the water see if it helps.

Helen xxx

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 16:16:01 pm »
We've been having a bit of sleep trouble as well due to the heat here.  :-\  We finally put a large fan in DS's room positioned so that it's directed at the crib but not too close as to make him cold. That made a HUGE difference. Where you are Jenn I imagine it's very hot as well. Like Helen said I would also try water in the night - it would make sense for mouse to be thirsty!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 19:39:32 pm »
Kinda thought that was the case.  Was not here last night, but Monday night she grumped big time about bed.  Odd as lately it been, whimper, coma time.  Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.