Author Topic: 8 Month Old Waking In the Night  (Read 856 times)

Offline geoffreyandme

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • Geoffrey
8 Month Old Waking In the Night
« on: July 26, 2006, 14:07:42 pm »
I hope this isn't a repeat of another post..i looked through and didn't see this specific one..but there are so many that are similar. I just want to be sure of what this could be...
Geoffrey is 8 months old, weighs 19lbs. He has been sleeping through the night for about 1.5 months (bed at 9pm ish, up at 7AMish). We started solids at 6 months but he didn't really get into it until about a month ago. It didn't change his sleeping pattern when we introduced solids. He has 2 teeth in the front that are up..again, he never really woke up during the night while he was going through teething either. I suppose he could be teething again, but am not sure. He doesn't seem crabby or anything during the day.

Here is his schedule:
Between 7:30-9AM FEED: Breaky 7-9 oz formula, pureed fruit and a cereal
10:30 NAP 1-1.5 hours
Between 12-1PM FEED: Lunch 6-8 oz formula, pureed veg and protein and a dessert
3PM NAP 1-1.5 hours
4:30PM BOTTLE 6-8 oz
6PM FEED: Dinner pureed veg and protein and dessert
8:30-9PM BEDTIME BOTTLE
(The solids are about 2-3 oz in total per meal.)

He just wakes up at about 1AM and wants to get up and stand in his crib and cry. I have been taking him into the bed with us to sleep otherwise he will just keep getting up, crying, falling and hitting his head on the wood and crying etc. Could he be hungry? It's only been for the last 3 nights but I don't want to make it a habit. Also, his crib is in our bedroom still..should we move it out? (But then, if he keeps trying to pull up to stand and keeps falling he'll hurt himself before I can get there!-wooden cribs are dangerous!) Normally if he ever did get up crying a little we'd give him the pacci and he'd go right back to sleep..now that doesn't work because he wants to stand up and now he's holding out his arms for us too.

Any suggestions?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 8 Month Old Waking In the Night
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 16:20:08 pm »
It sounds to me like he's made a habit of coming to bed with you. I think he's waking now to go to your bed because he thinks that's what he's supposed to do. Unless you want to continue (and it doesn't sound like you do) you'll need to break that habit. Walk in - Walk out is an option, or PU/PD.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o