Author Topic: Is baby getting enough food during the day?  (Read 885 times)

Offline Jodiejo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is baby getting enough food during the day?
« on: July 26, 2006, 21:36:05 pm »
I have a question about my 8 month old. I am trying to keep her on an EASY routine so that she will get enough sleep/activity/food etc and the sleep is an issue at the moment, but I wanted to make sure she is getting enough during the day that should sustain her during the night. Can anyone give advice on typical 8 month diets. Her routine is as follows:

7am:  breastfeed 10-15 mins(not necessarily the first of the day as her sleep has become a little erratic
8-8.30: breakfast (baby cereal or rice mixed with milk or water - depending on instructions)
(9.30 nap)
11.00: 6 oz formula (aptimel 1st - have just transitioned from breast) - she's offered 9 oz but rarely drinks that much
12.30-1: fruit puree
(1.30 nap)
3.00 6 oz formula
6 dinner (mash/veg mixed with chicken or fish or eqivalent jar)
7 breastfeed
7.15/7.45 bed

Actually, putting it down I realise there is a large gap between lunch and dinner and maybe if we had dinner a bit earlier and maybe fit in another bottle. Can anyone advise? I don't want to overfeed her (although that's unlikely as she's good at letting us know when she's done).
I should point out that I have in the last few weeks gone back to work and it seems to have triggered the whole sleep thing and I work afternoons which is why dinner is pushed out so late. I'm off for a month now before I go back mornings in September, so that should make feeding times more agreeable, and I'd love get this sorted while I'm off. Any tips?
Thanks
Jo

Offline Jodiejo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is baby getting enough food during the day?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 20:49:47 pm »
Thanks for that. I think you may be right. I'll give it a go and see how she gets on. As I typed my query last night I could see it myself, like putting it in text made it clearer to me but it's great to have it confirmed for me. All I need to do now is see if Abbie is in agreement! Thanks