Author Topic: 3.5 mo A Time?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
3.5 mo A Time?
« on: July 27, 2006, 00:29:00 am »
Hi.. my 3.5mo is on a 3.5hour easy..

E 730
A
S 830 - 845 to 1030

E 1100
A
S 130 to 230

E 230
A
S 345 to 430

Bath 545
EAT 600
Bed

My Question is when are his a times going to increase.. the only reason he has a long A time after 11am feed is because that is when i usually do my errands and he wont sleep until we get back home.. also i have one of those 45 minute nappers, the only good nap he will take is a 2 hr AM nap..
by 530 he gets super cranky.. is this normal ??

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Re: 3.5 mo A Time?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 02:05:39 am »
Activity time should increase anytime from now til 4-5 months. My ds didn't got to 4 hour EASY until he was around 5 months old. Before that he just couldn't stay awake for 2 hours at a time. I went by his cues and, when I got an inkling that he could stay awake slowly, I started increasing his awake time by 15 min increments every few days.

As for the 45 min napper, that's definitely normal. My dd already does that and she's only 2 months old! You need to work on extending the naps - there's LOTS of helpful info in the Sleep forum. I know because I needed that help quite a few times for ds.  ::)  While he was doing the 45 min naps, though, I would shorten his activity time so that he ended up with about 4-5 naps per day to accomodate that issue, so he wasn't as tired and cranky by the end of the day.

HTH
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Re: 3.5 mo A Time?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:34 pm »
Thanks so much for your help! Yes sometimes he will take a 45 minute nap, wake up and play for 45/60 m inutes and then want to take another nap which ends up being 45 minutes also. and by then its time to eat!! well someday he will sleep right! Thanks for your input im going to check out the sleep board!