Author Topic: Moving from a big heavy pram to a light weight stroller  (Read 2108 times)

Offline silverback1975

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Moving from a big heavy pram to a light weight stroller
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:37:42 am »
Hi,

My DD is almost 7 months and I am finding it a real pain to get our 3 wheeler jogger up and down the stairs and set up for a quick trip up the road, I was thinking of buying a light weight stroller for these kind of trips (and keeping the jogger), I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I live in Australia. :) Thanks..

Offline *Nicola*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 429
Re: Moving from a big heavy pram to a light weight stroller
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:43:12 am »
Probably don't have any recommendations as I am in Scotland - but I just wanted to say how great it is when you move from big pram to a stroller!!

We went for a mothercare stroller which has been brilliant. 
Mummy to 2 beautiful kiddies. 

A baby is born from the dreams of your heart, and becomes the love of your life.

Offline Andys mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:26:47 pm »
Hi, I can recommend one not to get!!  I have one of those that folds up into a backpack (not sure of the brand - I'm in Oz too and they sell for around $100 in Target).  It is a pain to fold and unfold and the back support is really bad...Andy always looks uncomfortable.  My sister bought it for me as the concept is great...its is small and light.....needless to say I'm going to sell it on ebay when I get a chance...so I will check back to see what people recommend!
Regards,
Andy's Mum.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:30:15 pm »
not sure where you are in Oz but i have a Maclaren Quest and can highly recommend any Maclaren stroller.  Babies Galore is having their big sale this week i think (you can check their website) so they might have one on sale.  they are more expensive than a cheapie no name but ours is lasting us through our 2nd child and i have friends who are using theirs with their 3rd son in 6 years so they are well made.

also check out ebay and trading post online as i found strollers are re-sold often so you can often get a good deal there. 
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline silverback1975

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 21:37:45 pm »
My husband asked me this morning do we really need it? Any more good arguments for getting one?

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 22:04:21 pm »
that's what husbands do - they don't usually "get" the pram/stroller issues as they use them less frequently.

we have 3 stroller options currently and i had to justify the to dh but i use all 3 now as follows:
jogger - used with dd1 when i did not drive and we lived in a n area full of shops and the beach etc so woudl walk to get some groceries or up and down hills to the beach or zoo

maclaren - bought this the night before my first trip back to the states when i realized it was crazy to take a big jogger on a trip overseas. ran to babies galore day before departure and it was the best decision. lightweight s trollers are essential if you travel anywhere (in a car they take up less room so you have room for other stuff; on a plan you can check it at the gate or even take on board some flights which is essential for layovers or fitting in rental cars or on public transport); travel on any public tranbsport etc)

a peg perego venezia - bought off ebay for a great price when dd2 came along and i was driving loads and she woudl sometimes walk and sometimes stand on the platform.  had to negotiate this one with dh. it has been great for over a year and i liked that it weiugjhed lots less than jogger and had a reversible handle and a snack tray for dd1

for the last 2 weeks we have been back to using the jogger + toddler seat since dd1 is a strange 3 yo who likes strollers and has been fihting with her sister for the seat on the other 2 strollers  ::)

just show this to dh and i am sure he will be grateful you don't have 3  ;) and will see you are not out of line with most other families

see if you can find a good deal - i think guys respond to a bargain
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified