Author Topic: 3 month old nap issue  (Read 823 times)

Offline ATCgirly

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: July 27, 2006, 13:15:41 pm »
Hey, y'all! It's me again! My DD has gotten to the point where almost every nap is 45 minutes. With the hubby gone, I have to do any errands or what not on my own with DD. I'm sure this has effected her sleep, but the next week I should (if nothing comes up) be home ready to tackle all issues. She can go to sleep on her own, but has been waking at 45 min. Now, when she wakes, she is bright eyed and when I go into her room, she gets excited. But, she still needs to nap. Should I try to soothe her to sleep or leave her there to try and fall asleep again on her own? If I leave her, I find that she will eventually go back to sleep (no crying involved!), but by that time it's 20-30 minutes until her next E. Her night wakings have begun to be an issue as well, but that's another story.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: 3 month old nap issue
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 13:21:18 pm »
If she's not crying when she wakes early I'd leave here and see if she will fall back asleep or at least rest. You can always let her go 3.5 hours until the next feed if she needs the sleep - that way she gets a little extra rest when needed without going too far off routine. How long are her A times currently?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ATCgirly

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 21:04:25 pm »
Around an hour is all the A time she normally does. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how much sleep she gets prior to that.