Author Topic: 45 Minute "Intruder" and Nighttime Waking in a 3-1/2 mo old  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Lauras

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
For the most part, my lo is on a pretty good routine.  However, she often wakes 45 minutes into her nap and is still waking anywhere between 3:00 and 5:00 for a nighttime feeding.  She was breastfed until 8 weeks and has adjusted well to formula (have her on soy).  I have a couple questions.  She's disinterested in eating since there's so much to look at around her.  So I moved her to a 4 hour schedule during the day about 2-1/2 weeks ago.  She adjusted well.  But I'm wondering if I should have extended her day before she had started sleeping through the night.  That's my first question.  Secondly, she wakes from almost every nap 45 minutes into it.  She has a hard time transitioning I think.  So I started going in and removing her paci about 10 minutes after she falls asleep.  My thinking was that when it fell out at 45 mins, it was waking her up.  This works sometimes.  Today is hasn't.  Any suggestions to help her transition?  Thirdly, when she wakes at night, I try just giving her a paci.  This used to buy like an hour or 2 but now it only prolongs her by like 20-30 minutes.  All of these problems might be relating to the paci - could they be?  If so, any suggestions?  Following is her schedule:

7:30 eat & diaper change
9:15 wind down
9:30 nap until 11:30 with waking in the middle

11:30 and 3:30 (same as above)

5:00 - 6:00 catnap
6:00 - 7:00 fussy time
7:00 bath
7:15 bottle
7:30 bedtime (takes about 45 mins of in and out until she's asleep)

11:00 dreamfeed

3:00 - 5:00 wakings on and off until I feed her.  She takes about 4-6 oz then goes back to sleep no problem

7:30 start all over

I strive to get about 24-28 oz in her per day.  She'll only take 2-3 oz at dreamfeed. 

Should I try cereal.

Lot's of questions I know.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.