Author Topic: Similac  (Read 840 times)

Offline xfile102

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 29, 2006, 13:46:42 pm »
We just started giving our son Similac as instructed by the Doctor. The Similac makes a RIDICULOUS amount of foam!! We have never had a formula make foam, and Similac matches the prepped amount with foam. What I mean is, if I pour 4 OZ water and 2 scoops of Similac as instructed, and shake, I will get a prepared bottle that is 5 OZ Formula, and 3 oz of FOAM!!! Baby just gags on this and starts burping mid-bottle. We have never had these problems. Any advice?

Offline Duckie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 14:01:28 pm »
I used Enfalac for my oldest son, and started off with Similac for the baby.  Cra-zy foam.  So I switched.

The only thing I can suggest is to make up bottles in advance and keep them in the fridge.  The foam then dies down a bit....
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Re: Similac
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 14:03:19 pm »
I agree with Duckie...if you wait a couple of minutes and leave the bottle open after making up the formula the foam should die down.

Offline summersusu

• Showing Appreciation 13
Re: Similac
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 15:13:14 pm »
GAS DROPS!!
We were concerned about the foam until my hairdresser gave me the advice to put a drop of infant gas drops in the bottle after you shake it and sure enough the foam disappears!  We had been giving our DS gas drops anyway to make sure he was comfortable but we only give him them at night now but I don't think 1 or two drops in the bottle after shaking the Similac up will hurt!
Try it, it works!