Author Topic: teething? or routine problem?  (Read 697 times)

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
teething? or routine problem?
« on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:28 am »
so I'll start with the questions:

How old is your child?  3 months 5 days
What’s his/her daily routine? 3~3,5 hrs EASY, she wakes up somewhere between 5 and 6 am, her first A time is usually at least 2 hrs, after  that around 1,5 hrs
What’s nap routine? when she gets cranky I put her in a grobag, hold her when closing down the blinds, put the fan on for white noise, lay her down wit a paci and a piece of cloth around her face. she goes down easily and only sometimes I have to hold her longer and sing her a lullaby until she's calm. she never falls asleep in my arms
How long are naps? 45 min~1,5 hrs [usually 45 min, then sometimes I manage to put her back to sleep]
What's bedtime routine? Time? feed [FF], bath, cuddle, and after that same to nap routine. not later than 7:30, usually at 7:00
Do you bottle or breastfed?? generally BF with two FF a day
How much? or how long? FF: 120~180 ml, BF: 10~20 min
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) both sides now
How many wakes per night? once or twice
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? waking up to eat mostly. lately she wakes up and cries without being hungry and is not that easy to be put back to sleep. 10~20 min
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? fussing/crying
What have you tried to settle?? paci, cuddle, breast
What do you do for A time and how long is it? 1:15~2:00 hrs. feed, diaper change, book, play on bed, tummy time, walk in her pram once a day
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? teething?? trying to roll/sit up
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? not really. I don't concider paci as a prop, she can sleep without it
Do they have a lovie? no

ok, so here comes my question:
dd used to sleep from 7:30 pm to 2/3 or even 4 am in one stretch, without DF. then she would wake to feed and sleep again to 6/7 am which was great.
now, we've gone through a growth spurt [12 weeks, she's so textbook ;)] and she was eating/sleeping much more. for a few days in a row she would feed at around 5 pm, have some A time and fall asleep and... wake at 1 or 2 am. and then start her day not later than at 5.
so i introduced a DF at 10:30 which didn't really help that much because she was still waking to eat [well, snack] at 2 or 3. and then at 5...
now she eats at around 6 pm, bath, cuddle, bed, sleep. and wakes up at midnight or 1 am. last night she woke at 11 pm!!! then at 2 am crying and not hungry, then at 4 to feed and at 6 smiling and ready for a new day. was fed at 7 am and is napped from 8:20 up till now, 9:35.
I think she's starting to teeth now as she's showing all the symptoms and from my mom I know I got my first teeth really early too.

so I'm not really sure what's the reason of her waking so often now and at different hours every night... is it a problem with her routine? or maybe she doesn't get enough calories during the day [she's long, some 64 cm now but no so big: 5.25 kg last week]? or is it just teething???

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

TIA
Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: teething? or routine problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:38:08 am »
nobody there to reply???

well, we'll have to deal wit it ourselves then... anyway, last two night were much better so maybe it was just a phase.
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)