Author Topic: Is there anything i can try?  (Read 889 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:34:19 am »
Ds is now 6 weeks old.  Daytime runs like a dream just like the 4 week schedule in the book.  First issue is DF ds will only take 2-3oz rest of day takes 4-5 oz.  Last nite we did cluster feeds to try an compensate for df being small and seemed to work as he then slept for just over 4hrs after df (2oz) usually 3hrs max.  Do you think i will be doing more harm than good to keep with df or do you think even the 2oz are worthwhile.  Second problem normally when he wakes he takes 1-2 hrs to settle back (fussing that escalates) every 10 mins.  Last night however he went straight back down.  Reflux baby and actually held him for short time after feed to let milk go down and this seems to have  worked however we have noticed before if he settles back down he wakes around 2 hrs later for the day.  5.15am this morning.  Try dummy till 6am but fussed till i got him up.  Should i be trying to get him to sleep longer or is this best i can hope for at 6 weeks?
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Is there anything i can try?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 00:59:15 am »
maybe?? i had a little trouble following your post...

if you have been doing the df all along and haven't really gotten more than 2-3oz into him... i'd probably stop.  if you just started, i'd keep trying for a little longer.

since you just figured out that holding him upright for a bit helps, i would keep doing that for a little while & see how that plays out in his overall pattern.  you can pick a start time (sometime between 7-8am) and wake him at that time everyday if he isn't up already.  that will help set his clock a little.   :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: Is there anything i can try?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:17 am »
Have you seen this linky: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=65742.0

Hth some too.
Zoe

...its what you do when you get back up.