Author Topic: Bedtime is becoming a nightmare  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Maeve

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 92
Re: Bedtime is becoming a nightmare
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 21:17:48 pm »
We had a similar thing, although a smaller age gap (20 months). I did almost exactly as you are doing, but a very good sleeper, who went very happily into his cot every night was crying, asking for drinks etc. And waking in the night. Basically I tried to keep his routine intact, and effectively it was the same as yours except that they were both put to sleep upstairs. Things settled down with persistence. I did give him  more hugs etc. in thr night, when he asked, because I thought he must need the reassurance but there came a time when he seemed to be taking the p**s and I got tougher and it's fine now.  And I am often on my own, so I had to have a routine I could do on my own. Now if only I could get him to stop takin  off his nappy at night!
Maeve, mother to:
Con, full of fun (22nd may 2004)
Cathal "I'll do it" (9th february 2006) and
Sophie 'so far so good' (31st august 2007).

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 21:21:17 pm »
We had a similar thing, although a smaller age gap (20 months). I did almost exactly as you are doing, but a very good sleeper, who went very happily into his cot every night was crying, asking for drinks etc. And waking in the night. Basically I tried to keep his routine intact, and effectively it was the same as yours except that they were both put to sleep upstairs. Things settled down with persistence. I did give him  more hugs etc. in thr night, when he asked, because I thought he must need the reassurance but there came a time when he seemed to be taking the p**s and I got tougher and it's fine now.  And I am often on my own, so I had to have a routine I could do on my own.
Quote (selected)
Now if only I could get him to stop takin  off his nappy at night!
Quote (selected)

Offline rach

• Showing Appreciation 322
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 11:49:48 am »
Well she had a fantastic night!!!!  ;D

She slept until 7.30 and was so pleased with herself!!!  Fingers crossed we can continue tonight!
Rach xx

Offline rach

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 19:37:47 pm »
Well another good night.  Not as early as i'd have liked (I've just come downstairs from tucking them in - 8.30pm).  Its funny, DH is here and yet we're later than normal in getting them to bed  :-\.

Tonight we did exactly the same as last night.  We read a story in bed, just Mummy and Charlotte and then I told her that it was time to settle down.  She wanted to have a look through her book by herself and was perfectly happy for me to go downstairs and leave her to settle herself down to sleep, which is exactly what she's always did before Cameron came along, so i'm happy!

Tomorrow we'll just have to be a little more organised to get them into bed by 7.30/8 at the latest.

But yay yay yay!!!!  I'm happy!  ;D ;D ;D (Please let it continue!)
Rach xx

Offline annas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 45
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 20:27:17 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D Well Done Charlotte ;D ;D ;D
-and good jub mum!!!

Clare

Mum to Anna 2yrs 8 months and Nathan 11 months

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 22:03:10 pm »
HOORAH Rachel :) And well done Charlotte :-* That is great.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!!!! ::)

Faye :-*
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline mari

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 22:06:32 pm »
Sorry About my previous post, I don't know what's been happening tonight.  I wanted to say to Maeve, what about trying pull ups instead of nappies.  Perhaps he won't be able to figure them out in the niht time to pull them off. 
Glad things are going well for you Rachel

Offline rach

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 22:19:06 pm »
She woke briefly, I found her wandering about on the landing, but I took her back into her room and she settled right down - what a star!  :D
Rach xx

Offline ~Faye~

• A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO SEES THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHILE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES THE FAKE SMILE .
  • Showing Appreciation 369
  • If life hands you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 22:21:55 pm »
She is great. Good for her. Give her a big  :-* for me, in the morning of course ;)

Faye :-*
Shay
Ziggy Sleep well xxx
Ellie
Darcy
http://postnatalillness.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Offline mari

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 22:24:37 pm »
She is a good girl Rachel, perhaps she could meet my lo's and teach them a thing or two.  Nathan feels a little left out sometimes though.  Nathan often slept in my bed but Alex never until recently we have had so many bad nights that I get her in in the early hours just for some sleep.  Nathan still climbs in to bed with me (Gareth works away) but I am usually sleeping with my arms around Alex and he gets really jealous and strops about it.  It's a nightmare, I try so hard to please them both but I need my sleep so much!  On that not, I'm off to bed now, I am so late as I had a pile of ironing to do, now it's done I can rest.  (famous last words!!!)

Offline Maeve

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 18:44:14 pm »
Hi Mari,
We are using pull ups. I've even tried different types, and pampers are better but he can still do it. He takes off the nappy so he can pee in the cot! Seems not having a nappy by day has gone to his head. Even with a vest fastened underneath...same thing! I use cloth nappies as well, and one night I put a wrap from a cloth nappy around him, so I might have to resort to that again!
Maeve, mother to:

Offline maxysmum

• Steph mummy to Max and Loen
  • Showing Appreciation 145
  • my babies
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 19:10:35 pm »
one night I put a wrap from a cloth nappy around him, so I might have to resort to that again!

If that worked maybe you could try with some washable swimming pants as these look like real pants.

Well done Charlotte what a good girl she is!!!

Offline mari

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 19:43:12 pm »
That's a nightmare Maeve.  When Nathan was still training and we were getting the odd wet nights I found the Pampers Bed liners really useful, but they are expensive to use every night.  Maybe you could ask if those sheets that they use in the hospitals are available on prescription and just put those under him.  Do you know the ones I mean, they used a lot of them during Labour but not sure what they are called, but should save the mattess a bit.  I bet he will be out of nappies for you soon.

Offline maxysmum

• Steph mummy to Max and Loen
  • Showing Appreciation 145
  • my babies
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 19:54:19 pm »
That's a nightmare Maeve. When Nathan was still training and we were getting the odd wet nights I found the Pampers Bed liners really useful, but they are expensive to use every night. Maybe you could ask if those sheets that they use in the hospitals are available on prescription and just put those under him. Do you know the ones I mean, they used a lot of them during Labour but not sure what they are called, but should save the mattess a bit. I bet he will be out of nappies for you soon.

They are called inko pads

Offline Maeve

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 20:21:28 pm »
Thanks Steph and Mari, might try the swim napppies. We have those pampers things all right, but yeah expensive. We've had so many accidents he's got a double bed sheet on his cot tonight! I don't know if I could bear to look at those labour thingies!
Maeve, mother to: