Author Topic: early waking ,help  (Read 649 times)

Offline minmin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
early waking ,help
« on: August 01, 2006, 16:03:14 pm »
bryan is now 10 months ,and he's always wake up at 5:30am ,no matter what time we put him on the bed last night....here's his schedule

5:30 wake up/play
6:30  breakfast
8:30  Nap  about 1hour 30mins
10:00 wakeup /play
11:30 lunch
1:00 Nap about 2hours
3:00 wake /play
5:00 dinner
7:00 bath
7:15-7:30 bed time

we tried delay his bed time to 8pm,but he need to do nightfeed on 12am, and will wake at 5:30,sometimes may earier...Is there any way can help me to change his wake up time to 6??

Offline kacarmody

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:45 am »
Hi,

I'm new here and I don't strictly follow the E.A.S.Y method...mostly, I've picked the things that work for us....but, I found myself in a similar situation about a month ago so I thought I would respond. We haven't found a GREAT solution yet..still looking and open to suggestions...but we're better off now than we were.

Ok....my LO is 9.5 months old and didn't really start sleeping through the night until she was 7mo old. About a month ago her schedule looked a lot like you LO's schedule. I found that if I go to her right away, as soon as she wakes up, I can feed her and then she'll go back to sleep. Her last evening feed is around 6:30pm. I can't do a dreamfeed because she then thinks it's time to get up...no matter how gentle/quiet I was, I just couldn't make it work for her. So....if I feed her around 5:30 or 6am, she will then go back to sleep until 7:30ish.

The first week or so, it took about 45 minutes to get her back to sleep, but the next week and since then, it is a snap. I literally just pick her up sit in the chair and feed her (takes about 10 minutes for both sides) and then plop her back in the crib. I've slowly been reducing the amount of time I let her feed (down to about 3 minutes on each side)....I'm hoping that maybe she'll stop waking up and sleep straight through.

Just my 2 cents...don't know if that would work for you or not....but I really enjoy going back to bed for another hour or two!

Kelly